HonorVet Technologies Hobart, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location – Hobart, NY
Contract – Contract to Hire
Client – Mallinckrodt
• Provides timely telephone and on-site support and resolution during normal operating hours.
• Utilizes and contributes to team resources for approved solutions.
• Timely and thorough documentation of all personally and site-assigned tickets with follow through to closure.
• Writing end-user communications, as well as developing/delivering end-user training.
• Point of escalation for Tier 1/Support Desk technicians.
• Coordinates resolution of more complex issues with other support teams as needed.
• Provisions, installs, and troubleshoots end user technologies including PCs, software, telephones, teleconference, mobile devices, scan
guns, file shares, and SharePoint sites.
• Provides technical support to business area management and staff for personal computer systems software, hardware and network
connectivity; including Microsoft product solutions, active directory, Ethernet topology, TCPIP, mobile devices, wireless/router
• Participates in an after-hours on-call rotation.
• Provision, assign and maintain user accounts for select solutions.
• Provides back-up support to the hardware configuration center with standard image load and software installations as well as desk-side.
• Participate in staff meetings and team meetings as required.
• Solid understanding of general industry usage of supported technologies.
• Develop basic understanding of business processes and business dependencies on supported technologies.
• Develop and maintain relationships within IT and with supported customers to improve collaboration and teamwork necessary to
accomplish organizational objectives.
• Creates and maintains documentation on routine configurations and solutions.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
Education / Experience / Skills
• Minimum requirement is an Associate degree or equivalent degree in Information Technology or related business field or equivalent
relevant experience. Four to Six years Information Systems experience is required.
• The preferred education and experience is a Bachelor degree in IT field (computer science, information systems, etc.) with a minimum of
three years of experience in a Help Desk, System Administration, or Desk-side Support role.
• Technical Proficiency - Extensive working experience with required technologies and can handle advanced & complex tasks. Viewed as a
"go to" person for hardware and operating system issues.
• Analytical Abilities - Advanced problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical teams to analyze & resolve
hardware and software issues on all platforms supported by desk-side.
• Business Knowledge - Strong understanding of how supported technologies are used in the business operation, consistently uses this
knowledge effectively in daily support and handling unusual/critical issues. Participates on deployment planning efforts; collaborates with
other IS teams and business groups for projects/deployments and/or troubleshooting efforts. Act as a primary point of contact for business
• Communication skills - Strong verbal & written communication skills. Communications are complete & understandable to target audience;
Demonstrates effective listening skills; regularly handles difficult customers or situations effectively requiring sensitivity and diplomacy.
• Independence - Often works independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues.
• Administration - Handles a wide range of administrative tasks effectively while managing an overall task workload that may include technical
HonorVet TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
Great company to work for, Great Benefits, Veterans Owned Business