- Responsible for building effective working relationships, making sound decisions, successfully making changes, initiating action and achieving results.
- Compile, develop, deliver, and evangelize end-to-end technology and security roadmaps that guide the evolution of security services, practices, products, and infrastructure by applying security expertise.
- Compile, develop, deliver, and evangelize security reference architectures and best practices that address critical security challenges and provide commercially responsible security guardrails for technology.
- Influence stakeholders and ensure alignment with security strategy and architecture principles by driving collaboration across the enterprise’s technology architecture functions.
- Translates security requirements into technical requirements and assist other team members in implementing the solution
- Lead security projects driven by groups both internal and external to information security.
- Serve as a subject matter expert across multiple security domains to guide technology solutions and communicate big-picture enterprise-wide security issues to team and decision makers.
- Serve as a technical resource for business teams to help define, estimate and recommend optimized solutions with the necessary protective safeguards for business opportunities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Manager / Group: Aryan Taheri, Zero trust team
Project Scope / Business Need: Existing on prem endpoint security infrastructure is there, they need a resource to help provide gap analysis, security recommendations, endpoint management design, all based on linux/windows/mac PC’s. team is ramped up on mobile so no mdm or ios/android exposure required
Duties: Gap analysis, security tool recommendation/implementation, full scale endpoint security (from scan->response->remediation)
• EDR – Sophos, sentinalone, fireye, etc
• Endpoint Security – Carbon Black, fidelis, etc
• Mutliple OS background – linux, unix, windows, mac, etc
• Gap Analysis – able to perform analysis on different security breakpoints and provide design/direction to bridge gaps
Nice to Have:
• Monitoring - new relic, splunk, Nagios, etc
• Vulnerability testing – Qualys, nessus, metasploit
• Well rounded – can come from multiple backgrounds, more in depth experience in different platforms, not hung up on 1 technology/software
FB on Current Subs/Past pain points in hiring this type of resource: Not looking for mdmd security or cloud security, whole operation is on-prem
What do you like to see in terms of resume? Well rounded, can come from multiple tool sets, real understanding of technical challenges across multiple geographies and teams, build solutions in dynamic environments (multiple operating systems, different patch versions/security risks, etc)
Here is the jd we generally use for TMO Security Architects. Again this specific role will be focused on endpoint security architecture. Experience with EPP & EDR is very important. The candidate should be well rounded in security in general and have the ability to pick up technology and concepts quickly and assist on other technology areas of the team if needed. They should be able to plan, setup, and execute POCs (end to end) including Infrastructure design, client to server communication needs, submit firewall/infra requests if needed, install software and configure EPP/EDR solutions, report on device health, and create dashboards for execs calling out the strengths and weaknesses of the environment. They should be able to make recommendations of how to address security gaps, and provide technical justification for addressing any gaps