Research PMO Project Manager - PMP
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This role will manage projects as assigned through the Project Management Office The Project Manager will lead and implement projects that support key strategic initiatives across the research institute and at times, the hospital enterprise.
This individual will manage projects that have a focus on process improvement, change management and systems implementation.
The Project Manager will could be required to deliver the following:
- Manage PMO assigned projects including the planning, scope, accountability, deliverables, timelines, communication and training, both within the team and across the institute.
- Assist Program Manager to develop and implement strategic and support plans for the project management office.
- Assist in planning and execution of project improvement initiatives.
- Lead Business Analysts activities as needed
- Manage RFP activities that include the following deliverables; Financial Assessment, Project Charter, Project Plan, Complete Request For Proposal (RFP), Bidders List, Reference Call Questions, Final Recommendation
- Assist in the education of PMO methodologies and processes to stakeholders across the institute.
- Plan, direct and optimize activities, interdependencies and resources across projects.
- Assist in the creation and use of measurement activities required to report on project effectiveness, return on investment (ROI) and other success metrics.
- Manage all project documentation based on the needs of each project.
- Manage risks and issues, lead corrective actions and ensure policy compliance.
- Utilize educational materials and opportunities for stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and PMO team members to improve the quality of project and program delivery across the institute.
- Perform on-going learning and training related to project/program management, business analysis and Research Administration activities
- Advanced knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge guidelines (PMBOK) including productivity tools, project charters, work plans and budgets.
- Intermediate knowledge of Business Analysis Body of Knowledge guidelines (BABOK)
- Intermediate knowledge of quality improvement methodologies (Lean, Six Sigma)
- Intermediate knowledge of change management principles including organizational dynamics, change theory, and improvement methods / tools
- Intermediate knowledge of risk management principles
- Fundamental knowledge of healthcare / research operations and systems
- Advanced proficiency with office software (Microsoft Office) including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation & diagramming software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to gather, analyze and make recommendations/decisions based on data
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to influence others to accomplish tasks outside of the direct span of control
• Lean/Six Sigma, Agile or PMP certification.
• A bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare IT or related fields desired.
• Three to Five years working on IT or business projects in a progressive lead role.