Project Lead, Six Sigma
Start Date: July 2020
The Lean/ Six Sigma (LSS) Black Belt is a key position driving data analytics, understanding complex problem solving techniques, and executing programs for the Company’s first time complete program. Depending on the area of focus, the LSS black belt may be leading or supporting cross-functional projects or programs on the customer experience through all phases of the product lifecycle – manufacturing, fulfillment, in-home delivery, and post-delivery usage. The position is key in developing the strategy and program prioritization to achieve company goals, both customer experience and financial.
• Lead and execute LSS projects in the Supply Chain; employ LSS methodology and analytics to extract and analyze data information and perform statistical analysis to identify root causes.
• Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
• Directly interface with and influence key leadership and functional experts to make decisions strategic in nature, evaluate long-term consequences and relate to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource utilization.
• Develop operational decision support tools including executive dashboards and leading indicators for continuous process improvement / monitoring
• Presents recommendations and progress reports to senior and executive leadership
Key Performance Indicators:
• First Time Complete rates – reschedules, service, and product warranty rates.
• Successful completion of projects
• Damage Reschedules Reduction
• Net Promoter Score
• Saved $ in cost and revenue
• BA/BS degree in supply chain management, business, operations, or engineering preferred.
• Certified Lean/ Six Sigma Black Belt/ Master Black Belt
• Demonstrated Project Management experience, PMP certification a plus
• Demonstrated application of lean problem solving methodologies, including organizing and conducting Kaizen events.
• 5-7 years of experience in a supply chain operations, ideally in a fulfillment center, transportation, warehouse, or distribution center.
• Ability to travel up to 50%
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Track record of discovering and delivering process improvements via Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, including leading Kaizen activities.
• Understanding of fundamental warehouse and logistics operations, inventory movement, and transactions
• Detail oriented and focused on staying organized in a fast paced work environment.
• Established business acumen.
• Knack for anticipating both technical and functional impacts and requirements.
• Ability to quantify business impact of opportunities.
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex problems, rapidly identify solutions and communicate to all levels of leadership and partners.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office software with focus in MS Projects, MS Excel and MS Access.
• Ability to use strong decision making and problem solving skills, logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solution, conclusions, or approaches to problems
• Demonstrated competency as a change agent, with management of small teams across the organization & supply chain
• The ability to adapt, learn and become proficient in multiple systems and detailed processes quickly