Program Manager Financial Services
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Program Manager II
Duration: 7 Months+
Location: Buffalo New York 14203
- Manages assigned staff (on a direct and indirect basis) on a collection of projects and/or programs undertaken by an organization or division; ensures their alignment and optimization with the Company's strategic objectives.
- Manages changes to project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Manage a collection of projects and/or programs undertaken by an organization or division. Ensure familiarity with scope and project objectives and establish clear roles and responsibilities for project team members.
- Work with constituent project managers to monitor cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Develop Project Plan, forecast and schedule. Work with stakeholders to record detailed project requirements, constraints and assumptions to establish project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g. planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Ensure plans for assigned projects include work breakdown, project organization chart, cost/budget and communication, risk, quality and resource plans.
- Communicate project plans to affected parties to ensure a common understanding, set expectations and align stakeholders and project team members.
- Ensure execution of tasks defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals.
- Execute all parts of the project plan and manage the budget/forecast.
- Monitor and control project work including change controls.
- Measure project performance utilizing appropriate tools and techniques to monitor progress; identify and quantify variances, complete any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Address program issues by identifying and selecting a course of action by taking into account program constraints and objectives to enable continued program success.
- Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events.
- Improve project team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency and boost morale.
- Determine and coordinate sharing of resources among constituent projects for overall program benefit.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite.
- Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Client brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Responsible for management of a collection of projects and/or programs undertaken by an organization or division ensuring their alignment and optimization with the Company's strategic objectives; responsibility for the projects includes all aspects from initiation to close.
- Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and responsibility of each team member, to effectively coordinate team activities.
- Project Scope: $5.0 m or more.
- Team Size Range: 35 - 100 FTE.
- Project Duration: 12 - 24 months.
- Project Size: Multiple high priority projects.
- Project Customer: Entire organization or multiple divisions.
- Scope of Change: Substantial changes to business processes or procedures.
- Project Timeline: Moderately aggressive.
- Project Innovation: Moderately defined.
- Project Benefits: Major.
- Project Customization: Major.
- Number of Interfaces: 6 or more.
- Project Integration: Internal and External Systems.
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years proven project management experience,
- OR in lieu of a degree,
- A combined minimum of 14 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 10 years proven project management experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly an ability to negotiate, influence and gain consensus.
- Regularly communicates verbally and in writing with executive management on status of initiatives, in a professional and understandable manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work individually as well as a member of a team.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and well-organized individual.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under time constraints in support of various assignments.
- Ability to function professionally at many different levels (clients, management and peers).
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for business partner relationships within and outside the organization.
- Ability to build mutual trust and encourage respect, open to diverse points of view.
Education and experience preferred:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification.
- Master’s degree.
BusinessView all jobs at HonorVet Technologies
Get fresh Financial Management Program jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.