Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Counts dosage units of drugs and places unit doses in appropriate containers for dispensing
2. Prepares non-patient-specific batches of IV solutions in accordance with established protocols.
3. Receives written and electronic prescriptions, types prescription labels, and affixes labels on containers for pharmacist check.
4. Prepares manual dispensing records for approval by the pharmacist. Maintains & retrieves pharmacy records using automated and/or
5. Obtain drugs from stock and return to stock.
6. Deliver medications to nursing units/clinic/ED/OR/etc.
7. Perform unit dose medication cart exchanges.
8. Performs pharmacy-related clerical tasks.
9. Assist pharmacist in filling medication orders and prepare emergency code trays.
10. Fill non-controlled medications in automatic dispensing cabinets (i.e. PYXIS).
11. Check for expired medications.
12. Fill the Department of Health (DOH) prescription paper.
13. Determine the patient’s preferred language, use Cyracom of Official Translator Service as needed.
14. Verify, update, or create a patient profile and verify the ordered medication(s) is available
15. Obtain data for determining prescription cost (insured, uninsured, or fee scaled).
16. Direct patients without insurance nor an active Fee-scale to a Financial Counselor for a Fee-Scale Assessment.
17. Patients with commercial insurance, enter insurance information, adjudicate the claim, and resolve rejection (if applicable).
18. Enter new prescription data into the pharmacy software program (i.e. OPUS), for pharmacist verification and review
19. Retrieves prescription data from a computer-generated file for review by a Pharmacist
20. Check patient's profile against new Rx's to determine if refills are due and if the dose has changed.
21. Generate the patient's ticket number using the Q-Matic machine.
22. Have required knowledge of Opus-Interactive System.
23. Prepare medications, based on prescription labels, and dispense medications after verified by a pharmacist.
24. Assist Pharmacist in filling Prescriptions
25. Ability to generate patient profile reports upon request by a patient or an authorized agent of the patient
26. Collecting medication from RDS Parata or Stock Shelves & placing it in the patient's bin. Retrieving medication from RDS Parata &
manually counting items that are not included in the robot or are not pre-packed.
27. Maintain pharmacy inventory (create orders, process recalls); check expiration dates
28. After prescriptions for a particular patient are completed, the technician calls the patient by name to approach the Pick-Up window. After
verifying identification (at least two forms of ID) technician asks for a payment receipt in order to scan out prescriptions. An
electronic signature from either the patient or an authorized agent of the patient is collected and the patient if he or she would like to
speak to a pharmacist regarding his/her medication.
29. Retrieve, reverse and return prescriptions not picked up from the will call bin, after the assigned time period; return used/unused
stock bottles to the corresponding location.
30. Deliver OPD Stock Order to Outpatient Pharmacy from Main Pharmacy
Skills: Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) required. Pharmacy dispensing experience, Sterile Processing experience, IV room experience preferred.
HonorVet TechnologiesWhy Work Here?
Company is committed to supporting the total well-being of all our Team Members, gufmests, and our local communities.
HonorVet Technologies is a technology-driven company that provides the reach of a large staffing organization with the feel of a specialized, boutique provider. Our purpose is to lower the underemployment in the Veteran community by providing them with best-fit opportunities in civilian workplaces. We are disrupting Talent Acquisition with advanced recruitment solutions, a unique combination of Predictive Analysis, Artificial Intelligence, Processes, and Methodologies to support the company’s “High Touch” Expertise. HonorVet Technologies deliver ideal recruitment solutions to our clients with suitable skillsets (preferably veterans, along with non-veterans, for the hard-to-fill positions).
AddressNew York, NY