Inventory Control Specialist- 3rd Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Shift: 3rd Shift (Sunday thru Thursday 11pm to 7:30pm)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
This position will be responsible for performing daily and weekly inventory tasks to ensure the accuracy of our perpetual inventory as well as all necessary tasks to ensure product quality which includes compiling records and reports concerned with ordering, receiving, storing..
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform inventory count and cycle counting with the ability to analyze discrepancies and communicate to management any needed corrective action
• Reconcile inventory with accuracy and maintain in an organized fashion
• Research customer issues including, but not limited to shortages, overages and damages and recommend appropriate response
• Set up items and slots to ensure maximum efficiency for shipping and receiving.
• Monitor warehouse management system(WMS System) for open invoices.
• Perform all other daily/weekly/monthly tasks, not specifically mentioned herein, as described in the inventory control SOP program.
• Utilize necessary technology (e.g., RF gun) to select product.
• Operate warehouse management system (WMS).
• Audit pick/reserve slots and keep rotation of product accurate, as needed.
• Ability to report accurate daily counts.
• Must be able to lift 40 to 50 cases.
• Reconciliation reporting
• Daily damage tracking by product.
• Interfacing with managers & supervisors.
• Able to work in a cooler and freezer.
• Researches and resolves any discrepancies in reported vs. actual inventory stock. Investigate inventory discrepancies to determine root causes of inventory issues and implement corrective actions and/or coordinate the joint efforts of responsible parties as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or GED Required
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Ability to work extended hours and/or weekends and/or when needed
• Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel knowledge is required
• Previous Inventory experience is required
• Prior stand-up and reach forklift experience required
• 2 years inventory reconciliation experience in a distribution center is preferred
• Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to internal/external customers.
• Good knowledge and understanding of the English language, spelling and mathematics and use of computer programs such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Must be highly organized, pay close attention to details and proactively follow-up.
• Ability to manage workload in a fast paced and high intensity work environment.
• Must display professional maturity and have ability to support and interact with all levels of management.
• Able to work under minimal supervision.
• Ability to multitask on a day to day basis.
• Ability to change focus of work seamlessly without loss of efficiency, and adapting to unexpected request.
• Must meet minimum requirements on pre-employment testing, including physical ability tests.
Burris Logistics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not permit discrimination against or harassment of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or on the basis of any personal characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
5505 Tacony Street PhiladelphiaPhiladelphia, PA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Honor Foods