- Posted: over a month ago
Honor Community Health is a 501c Federally Qualified Health Center. Our mission is to provide for the health and wellness needs of the underserved of Oakland County through the provision of comprehensive, integrated primary, behavioral health, and dental care. We see all populations regardless of their ability to pay. Honor Community Health is a rapidly growing organization co-located within 20 locations. Our team is passionate about serving the people of Oakland County. *NOTE: All employees are required to receive the COVID-19 Vaccine.
The full time, non-exempt Billing Specialist I is an essential member of a high performing healthcare team providing office and billing support by reviewing claims prior to submission, correcting any errors noted in the review & providing staff education as appropriate to avoid recurring errors, providing front staff coverage support and tracking outstanding issues and follow up for resolution. The Billing Specialist I will be assist with investigating unpaid or denied billing claims, working to make necessary corrections and resubmitting the claims. In addition, the Billing Specialist I will support the clinicians and site staff, answering questions, identifying and initiating training support as needed related to coding, billing, insurance and NextGen PM. Billing Specialist I will act as support to assigned site by filling in at the front desk when a moderate staff shortage arises. Further, Billing Specialist I will assist Trainer, Clinical Office Operations and Billing Specialist II in identifying and executing front office operations training needs, including, but not limited to patient registration, sliding fee application process, empanelment and insurance verification, insurance referrals, prior authorizations and check-in and check-out procedures. Works collaboratively to create and maintain a culture of excellence and dedication to providing compassionate and high quality health care to residents and the community.
This position reports to the Revenue Cycle Manager. Our standard hours are Monday- Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm.
- Proficiently performs all aspects of revenue cycle management in a timely manner, including, but not limited to claim review and submission, front-end process auditing, encounter cue clean up, tending to pending daily assignments, efficient payment posting, payer specific requirements, daily batch clean up and rejection resolution.
- Read and respond within 14 business hours all emails or other memos of billing/coding questions. Respond to voicemail messages within 14 business hours.
- Attend all trainings, billing team and all staff meetings as requested.
- Review and understand payer timely filing limits to ensure prompt claim submission and follow up.
- Research and understand unique billing challenges by specialty (i.e. OB, Podiatry, Behavioral Health, Dental, etc) as it relates to assigned practice sites.
- Perform monthly A/R reports for assigned practice sites, corrects all immaterial issues and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Identify trends in rejections or unpaid claims, notify supervisor and assists to train staff as needed.
- Assists with training staff as assigned on front office operations, including, but not limited to patient registration, empanelment and insurance verification, insurance referrals, prior authorizations and check-in and check-out procedures.
- Proficient in FQHC specific revenue cycle management.
- Provide front desk support coverage as assigned.
- Manage billing externs and temporary hires assigned.
- Keep current on all payer and regulatory changes.
What are we looking for?
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Medical Insurance Billing Certificate or Associate Degree in related field preferred.
- Certified Procedural Coder (CPC) preferred.
- Understanding of CPT and ICD-9/10 required.
- Prior medical front office experience required.
- Knowledge of health plan policy and procedure manuals preferred.
- A minimum two years professional billing experience required.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment and experience with Federally Qualified Health Centers is highly desired.
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Creating an excellent patient experience
- Patient focused mindset
What do we Offer?
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- National Health Service Corp
- Public Loan Forgiveness
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Supportive environment
- Remote Prescreening Interview Process
- Person protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
How to apply
Applicants must complete the full application through our career page at www.honorcommunityhealth.org/careers
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record check and reference check.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people and patients is one of our greatest strengths, and inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver the best services to our employee and patients. Honor Community Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Powered by JazzHR
Honor Community Health
HealthcareView all jobs at Honor Community Health