Honnen Equipment Co. is your authorized dealer for John Deere Construction & Forestry Equipment, John Deere Commercial Worksite Products, Hitachi Construction Equipment, Manitowoc, Grove and National Cranes, JLG Telehandlers, Lull Forklifts, Wirtgen Milling Machines, Vogele Pavers, Hamm Rollers, Kleemann Crushers and much more!
Our mission at Honnen Equipment is to partner with our customers to provide superior value through the lowest owning and operating costs while representing world-class products. Since 1963 Honnen has operated with a philosophy of not just meeting, but exceeding, customers’ expectations. Honnen is one of the oldest and largest John Deere dealers in North America, operating out of 10 locations. We cover the entire Rocky Mountain Region!
Although Honnen Equipment has grown quite substantially in a small period of time, the family roots are still much a part of the Honnen culture. From the very beginning Honnen Equipment has embodied strong values and ethics and this is still very true today. All of our employees strive every day to do the right thing, to take pride in their work and always treat others with respect.
This position is responsible for the sales and rentals of new and used light construction equipment products and attachments. This person will meet customers’ needs and grow market share while maintaining acceptable levels of gross profit and attaining sales unit targets.
- Plan and organize a sales strategy that includes individual account plans to meet or exceed Company target goals.
- Maintain relationships with current customers and establish relationships with new customers/prospects to enhance the potential to sell, rent and lease new and used equipment, to increase market awareness and increase market share.
- Responsible for demonstrations and/or new product deliveries through the use of company truck and trailer.
- Have regular contact with customers and potential customers to fully understand their needs, wants, concerns, and expectations to maximize sales opportunities.
- Based on customer needs, formulate value-selling based professional presentations. Quote and negotiate prices and financing, prepare contracts, record and close orders, provide trade information as requested, and manage opportunities to convert rentals.
- Maintain and update company CRM (Handle) with any customer interaction or new customer prospecting.
- Responsible to meet customers’ needs and increase revenue while maintaining acceptable levels of gross profit.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities, products and services of the competition.
- Responsible for controlling expenses related to loaners/demos.
- Submit periodic reports detailing lost sales activities and evaluate the results of such lost sales.
- Attend training and sales meetings as required to stay current with new equipment and sales processes.
- College degree preferred, with undergraduate coursework in business, marketing, engineering or related field
- Clean MVR
- Requires a Class B license or willingness to get one
- Five years of industry related or equivalent experience
- Background in direct sales is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities:
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, self-motivation and formal communication skills required
- Advanced computer and application systems skills required s
- Up to 10% travel required for this position.
- This position allows you to go home every night.