Production Support Engineering (PSE) Operational Excellence drives culture change of launch on time with zero PPM. The PSE team is responsible for executing the DMAIC approach to resolve repeat factory escapes. PSE will be driving culture change in problem resolution by systematically using DMAIC approach to eliminate defects.
A Senior Engineer will provide Six Sigma, DMAIC, DFSS, and critical thinking in support of the PSE organization. This position is responsible for a variety of engineering responsibilities. Uses knowledge of engineering discipline, processes and tools to complete and ensure compliance of various project subtasks. Interacts with internal and external customers to facilitate the completion of products to customer specifications. Helps to develop and define engineering processes in PSE. Recognized as an emerging authority with PSE. Assists in the completion of products to achieve certification and customer acceptance. Communicates any non-compliance and the results of any internal project audits to pertinent parties.
Establishes and applies methodology to new concepts and recommends enhancements to advance projects and processes. Identifies and proposes technical improvements using engineering knowledge and principles. May assist in developing Aerospace Engineering processes and guidelines.
- Serve as Black Belt/Lean Expert for PSE organization
- Support DMAIC methodology and Six Sigma tool suite
- Statistical and rapid problem solving capabilities
- Interaction with various product groups
- Review and provide guidance on training materials (DFSS & APQP)
- Support template for good DFM, DFMEA, KCC, etc.
- Build lessons learned data for all future launches
- Ensure the usage of DFSS process and tools
- Lead task force team if required to resolve technical issues
- Participate in audit to ensure APQP is executed per plan as need base
- Review and improve CAR reduction and resolution
YOU MUST HAVE
- B. S. Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic or Industrial Engineering
- 6 years’ experience in engineering, quality, or manufacturing in an Aerospace or Automotive environment
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Design for Six Sigma, Black Belt, Lean Expert certification
- Experience analyzing data and working within SAP to generate analytics
- Data organization skills
- JOB ID: HRD66005
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 1300 W Warner Rd., Tempe, AZ 85284 USA