Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you interested in partnering with cross-functional facility teams and leaders? Would you like to provide assistance to operational teams and facilitate environmental activities to enable facility permits and licensing? If you answered positively, we at Honeywell have the career opportunity for you. We invite you to apply for the role of Sr Waste Water Treatment Technician. In this position, you be a valuable member of the Health, Safety, and Environmental function team!
- To provide Environmental support for Honeywell, Freeport, partnering with cross-functional facility teams and leaders. You will provide assistance to operational teams and facilitate environmental activities to enable facility permits and licensing. You will be a team member of the larger business Health, Safety, and Environmental function.
- Integrate, monitor, and support Health, Safety, and Environmental programs to ensure compliance with the applicable guidelines, procedures, and regulations
- Drive environmental continuous improvement through the site location in support of Honeywell's Health, Safety, and Environmental Management Systems and Honeywell's Operating System related activities
- Enhance the Health, Safety, and Environmental culture through coaching and technical engagement
- Deliver safety, health, and environmental training on required regulatory, corporate, and site specific topics as needed.
- Assists with internal HSE audits to verify compliance levels.
- Review new chemicals from a safety and health perspective and ensures appropriate controls are established prior to introduction into the workplace.
- Manage wastewater treatment facility. Requires a Class “K” License- must obtain within one year of employment
- Manage industrial wastes for facility campus. Receive RCRA/SPCC/DOT Training both in-house and external.
- Perform Powered Industrial Truck Training – Obtain Train-The-Trainer
- Complete Semi-Annual and Annual reports as required by city, state, and federal permits.
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Education or GED
- 2 years of HSE or Waste Water Treatment experience
- Class “K” License within one year of employment
- Bachelors in Industrial Engineering
- Additional Health, Safety, and Environmental certifications
- Relevant Health, Safety, and Environmental Technician experience
- Ability to work well in team environments
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Significant experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently
- Must be willing to do limited travel
- Must be detail orientated and self-starter
- Willing to accept other responsibilities as required
- Potential for growth within Honeywell HSE Division