Maintenance Mechanical Tech - 2nd shift
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
• Primary responsibilities will be to maintain, repair, and rebuild a variety of production equipment involved with rubber extruding/molding operations within the Freeport campus. Additional responsibilities may involve performing maintenance related tasks on fabricating, assembly, test, and facility equipment used in other areas of the Freeport operations.
• Maintain a current knowledge and technical leadership of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic circuitry.
• Effectively troubleshoot complex equipment operational problems and devise cost effective solutions in an efficient manner.
• Identify and develop equipment operational improvements that decrease the overall operational cost and increases quality and efficiency.
• Effectively utilize initiative, self-direction, ingenuity, communication skills, and working relationships with others.
• Individual must be proficient in the repair of a broad variety of equipment; demonstrated by the individual’s daily performance to achieve excellence in quality, productivity, and workmanship.
• US citizen or permanent resident required due to government contracts
Work with, maintain and repair complex and innovative equipment and machinery
Use your mechanical skills by working on exciting products and technologies
Broaden and expand your knowledge by learning from highly experienced technicians and participating in challenging assignments
Perform routine maintenance tasks
Perform equipment troubleshooting
Perform preventative maintenance inspections
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of 8,000 hour apprenticeship in machine repair or 5 or more years previous machine
repair experience in a related manufacturing environment
- Experience performing maintenance related tasks on molding equipment.
- Work from verbal instructions, part prints, assembly prints, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical
schematics to diagnose problems and plan work.
- Demonstrate proficiency utilizing a personal computer and related data bases including
computerized maintenance management systems.
- Order parts and materials directly from OEMs and distributors by using appropriate Honeywell
- Disassemble, repair, replace, adjust, time and reassemble mechanisms and machines.
- Align and adjust equipment fixtures, tooling, spindles, and work components.
- Machine replacement or repair parts and components through the precision use of lathes, milling
machines, drill presses, and similar machine tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in welding, soft solder braze, and silver solder, through the use of D.C.,
TIG, MIG welders, oxy-acetylene welding and cutting equipment, propane torches, and similar welding equipment.