Lead Field Service Technician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. We understand that buildings are more than just structures; they are dynamic ecosystems that should adapt to the evolving needs of their occupants. Our Building Automation solutions empower our customers to unlock the full potential of their building infrastructure by seamlessly integrating cutting-edge technologies.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
As a Lead Field Service Technician at Honeywell, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the optimal performance of our building automation systems. The main function of this position is to respond and resolve complex service calls providing technical support and troubleshooting to Honeywell customers. Additional responsibilities related to the technical delivery of small service jobs, time and work material, and preventive maintenance may be assigned as well. These customers will have various products installed that fall into the - HVAC, automation controls, life safety, fire, and security systems category as well as their associated computer systems. Level 3 Technicians will be expected to coach and mentor more junior technicians. The goal is to ensure system up-time and efficiency
You will report directly to our Field Service Supervisor, and you will provide support for our customers in Herndon, VA and surrounding area.
- Can independently troubleshoot and repair complex issues
- Can program more than one system
- Perform system back-ups and install appropriate updates and patches
- Run one-off problems, scenarios, and integrations based on the needs of the customer
- Program EBI's
- Understand and apply knowledge of virtual machines, system imaging, and networking to serve the needs of the customers (may need to possess certifications)
- Complete required documentation for work performed or other contractual obligations
- Proper use of safety personal protection equipment
- Security and other clearances as required by customer
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Benefits - Medical, Vision, Dental, Mental Health
- Paid Vacation
- 401k Plan & Matching
- Company Vehicle and Mobile Device
- Career Growth
- Professional Development
U.S. PERSON REQUIREMENTS
Due to compliance with U.S. export control laws and regulations, candidate must be a U.S. Person, which is defined as, a U.S. citizen, a U.S. permanent resident, or have protected status in the U.S. under asylum or refugee status.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- 2+ years' experience working with building automation systems. (Hardware & Software)
- Former knowledge of completing preventative maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot and conduct repairs
- Ability to travel throughout the service area, with occasional overnight stays as needed
- Valid Driver's License and driving record acceptable to Honeywell
- 5 years of experience
- Technical Training
Honeywell International Inc. (NYSE: HON) invents and commercializes technologies that address some of the world's most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, air travel, productivity, and global urbanization. We are a leading software-industrial company committed to introducing state-of-the-art technology solutions to improve efficiency, productivity, sustainability, and safety in high growth businesses in broad-based, attractive industrial end markets. Our products and solutions enable a safer, more comfortable, and more productive world, enhancing the quality of life of people around the globe. Learn more here: https://www.honeywell.com/us/en
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status. Learn more here: https://www.honeywell.com/us/en/company/inclusion-and-diversity
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 400 Herndon Pkwy Suite 100, Herndon, VA 20170 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.