Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
- Design building fire alarm and security systems by selecting the proper combination of hardware, software, equipment, materials and services from the Honeywell product & applications portfolio that will deliver the highest value to the customer while supporting overall Honeywell business objectives.
- Possesses the ability to communicate technical concepts/solutions to internal and external customers; e.g. conducting site walks, accurately reviewing customer specs, and with the ability to identify opportunities, risks, and resources required to achieve results within the proposal cycle.
- Review job contract plans, scope and specifications, survey information, sales sketches, estimates and take-off sheets for opportunities and proposals. Clearly define requirements prior to starting engineering.
- Support Sales and Project Manager on surveys, application selection, layout of potential retrofit opportunities and assessing customers' business objectives and strategies, and utilize this to create accurate and complete estimates.
Verification and Validation
Certification of software
YOU MUST HAVE
- Associate's Degree.
- 5+ years of combined experience in fire alarm systems, security and card access systems, development of graphics, hardware and software and/or estimating through commissioning of a project.
- 3+ years of experience with AutoCAD or equivalent tool, Microsoft Excel and Project.
- NICET certification. (Honeywell will pay for NICET certification if not obtained prior to start date).
- Knowledge of current NFPA, IFC, IBC, and other applicable codes related to fire alarm systems.
- Extensive knowledge of PCs, software, networks, Internet related technologies.
- Experience with documentation such as reports, submittals and drawings.
- Ability to understand customer requirements/restraints and offer a cost-effective solution to the service needs.
- Job ID: req208434
- Job Function: Engineering
- Relocation Tier:
- Security Clearance:
- Aviation Authority (FAA for US):
- Band: 03
- Referral Bonus: 1,500.00
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship: Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
- FLSA Statement:
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.