Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The main function of this position is to respond and resolve service calls providing technical support and troubleshooting to Honeywell customers. Additional responsibilities related to the technical delivery of small service jobs, preventive maintenance, and time and material work may be assigned as well. Our customers will have various products installed that fall into the – HVAC, Automation Controls, Life Safety, and Security systems category’s as well as their associated computer systems. The goal is to ensure system up-time and efficiency.
Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable and cost-efficient, and is a leading provider of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in service of critical building systems, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), building automation, fire, security and energy management.
Technical and Job Related Responsibilities
o Verify system functional performance to ensure proper operations per contract requirements including: testing, calibrating verify system and peripheral device operations.
o Perform system backups, install appropriate updates and patches.
o Complete documentation of all work done, including all readings, offsets, etc.
o Respond to emergency service calls as required.
o Responsible for complete ownership of projects in the field, coordinate with subcontractors/vendors as applicable and work with customers to obtain completion sign-off.
o Keep abreast of changes and new developments in product and preventive maintenance techniques
o Availability for performance of duties outside of normal working hours as required based on customer needs.
o Promote, build and maintain good customer relations.
o Keep Supervisor informed of customer requirements, systems status, and actual, potential or perceived customer problems.
o Demonstrate system and provide training to customers as required.
o Be aware of service contract scope of service, equipment coverages, and requirements.
o Assist sales representative with customer's requirements, meetings with customer and evaluating customer site specifics which may include commissioning and troubleshooting multiple projects simultaneously.
Health and Safety
o Carry out site hazard and risk assessments for Honeywell tasks, including proper use of safety personal protective equipment.
o Be responsible for Honeywell’s assets such as tools, software, and site database.
o Keep documentation and paperwork up-to-date.
o Security and other clearances as required by client.
o Ability to travel throughout the service area, with occasional overnight stays.
o Work with and without direct supervision.
- Inspect for Quality
- Install or Repair Work Orders
- Provide Customer Support
YOU MUST HAVE
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 or more years’ experience in technically related field work in Building Automation Controls, Fire Alarm, Security and/or HVAC Controls.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Associate or technical college degree in Building Automation or Controls
- Experience in HVAC systems, control systems, mechanical system operation and building systems, troubleshooting, PC, and general networking knowledge.Fire, Security, Automation systems operation and building facilities experience.
- NICET Fire Alarm Certification.
- Security certification
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical/electrical drawings and diagrams
- Strong understanding of computers and computer networking.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex systems.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to prioritize and get things done.
- Category: Customer/Product Support
- Location: 140 Southcenter Ct Ste 300, Morrisville, NC 27560 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster.
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy.
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2019 Honeywell International Inc.