DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste.
• Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
• Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
• Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
• Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
• Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
• Ability to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English.
• Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.