Hondros Family of Companies is adding is searching for a Staff Accountant to join our experienced accounting team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for: account payables, receivables, monthly closing and financial reporting, including analyzing variances in actual results to plan; maintaining Company Inventory; and fixed Assets. This position is also involved in the Company’s Annual Budget and Forecast reporting.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for weekly Accounts Payable process; include data entry of weekly invoices and processing weekly checks
- Maintain Vendor File information
- Responsible for sales and receipts reconciliation and posting to the general ledger
- Responsible for all monthly journal entries
- Responsible for monthly Financial Reports and variance reporting
- Responsible for account analysis on major accounts
- Responsible for reconciling and invoicing inter-company accounts
- Performance of Financial Analysis as needed
- Responsible for month-end Bank Reconciliation
- Assisting in the preparation of the Annual Budget
- Assisting in Forecasting Sales and Profit as needed throughout the year
- Create and maintain Accounting Policies and Procedure manual
- Maintain fixed assets
- Year-end Close preparation
- Assist in audit preparation
- Attend meetings, events, training, etc. as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. A minimum of three-five years of experience in accounting and financial analysis required. Experience with databases, Excel and various financial software packages required. Experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, fixed assets, and strong knowledge of basic accounting principles is required. ACCPAC Financial Package experience is a plus. Strong organizational skills are required and the ability to work well under pressure also required. The successful candidate should be eager to learn and grow with our company.
Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing as to work requirements, work in progress, work completion and status of departmental goals. Communicates verbally and in writing with employees, other members of management, vendors and customers. Able to utilize active listening skills to ascertain areas of need, define problems, and determine possible solutions to meet expressed needs. Demonstrate leadership, tact, diplomacy, professionalism and a positive demeanor in performance of all duties.
Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages rations and proportions to practical situations. Must have a good understanding of general accounting principles.
Most work is complex and requires a high level of judgment. Requires the ability to decide on a course or sequence of action and to direct others in that course of action. Must have continuous visual and mental attention while performing responsibilities of the position. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to reasonably envision future needs and plan accordingly.
Routine physical demands for office environment. While performing the duties of this job employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Operates all computer equipment, copier, facsimile machine, printer, and telephone. Sometimes required to work long hours in front of a computer.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, an updated resume and the names and contact information for three professional references through this link on ZipRecruiter or through our website at www.hondros.com/careers. To learn more about the Hondros Family of Companies please visit www.hondros.com. Hondros Family of Companies offers a comprehensive benefits package; a professional, yet fun working environment; and the opportunity to learn and grow in your career. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. (EEOE)