164 E Sunrise Highway, Valley Stream, NY 11581
Automotive Service Technician
Honda of Valley Stream, NY has been serving drivers in Brooklyn, Queens, the Five Towns, and Long Island since 1982. Family-owned and operated, Honda of Valley Stream has always kept the same automotive philosophy in which our customers always come first. We treat our customers like family.
We believe culture makes a difference and we strive to build lasting relationships with our employees, customers, and the community. Our service business is booming, and we need to hire experienced Service Technicians who can start work immediately. We value our employees and invest in their success.
- Competitive pay plan
- Brand New State of the Art Facility
- Air-Conditioned Shop
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Vacation
- Busy service department with lots of work
- Career advancement opportunities
- State-of-the-art facility
Responsibilities - Service Technician:
- Perform multi-point inspection and diagnose malfunction(s)
- Efficiently repair automotive systems, including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air-conditioning, etc., in accordance with dealership standards
- Explain mechanical diagnoses/required repairs in a non-technical manner to service advisors and customers
- Provide an estimate of the time needed for repairs
- Test-drive vehicles before and after repairs
- Test components and systems using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Learn new technical information and techniques in training sessions
- Adhere to company regulations and keep abreast of recalls and updates.
- Report any damaged or defective equipment to management.
- Report safety issues to management and ensure a clean working area.
Qualifications/Requirements - Service Technician:
- Service Technician experience is required
- Honda Certification is preferred, but not required
- Ability to multi-task in a high-volume setting
- ASE Certification is a plus
- New York State inspectors license required
- Mechanical/troubleshooting skills and the ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- Excellent customer service skills and basic computer competency
- Good work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Must work well as part of a team
- High level of motivation and ability to learn new repair/service procedures
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- High school diploma or GED
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
- Resume must be uploaded, and online assessment completed for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.