Sales Representative Motorcycles & Powersports
Honda Kawasaki KTM of Modesto Modesto, CA
- Posted: 24 days ago
- $30,000 to $60,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: vision, dental, life insurance, medical
The Sales Representative is responsible for the sale of motorcycles, Quads, Side-by-Sides and powersports products. They are also responsible for helping to maintain the sales department, retail sales floor, and displays to meet or exceed the dealerships standards. As with all positions within our dealership, a Sales Representative is expected to be committed to excellent customer service, uphold the highest ethical standards, and work cooperatively with all departments. Compensation is hourly plus commission.
- Be the first point of contact between customers and the dealership.
- Greet all customers in a courteous manner.
- Approach and offer assistance to any customer who enters the dealership or sales lot.
- Interact with customers on the telephone, face-to-face, or computer via CRM, email, etc.
- Obtain customer’s and prospective customer’s name and contact information.
- Treat customers fairly, with dignity and honesty.
- Assist customers in selecting a product by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Recommend products appropriately.
- Perform walk-around with customers.
- Explain fully product performance, application, and benefits to prospects.
- Understand powersports, their features, and capabilities.
- Be able to compare competitive models.
- Describe all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
- Promote sale of accessories.
- Recommend sales campaigns and/or promotions.
- Promote GAP and protection plans.
- Promote the company’s service, parts, and finance department to ensure customer loyalty.
- Close sales by overcoming objection(s).
- Utilize dealership sales control and follow-up system.
- Respond to inquiries and leads promptly.
- Cold call prospective buyers to generate new business
- Use a cash register to collect payments and return proper change.
- Know, understand, and apply the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail automobile sales.
- Write and/or process sales orders, quotes, etc., accurately and promptly.
- Turn deals per dealership guidelines.
- Assist customers in completing credit applications when applicable.
- Record all sales and/or customer transactions that occur according to dealership procedures.
- Follow prescribed cash, credit, and check processing procedures of the dealership.
- Perform vehicle delivery for buyers after a purchase has been completed.
- Thoroughly explain the unit’s operating features, paperwork, and warranty.
- Routinely follow up with buyers to ensure continued satisfaction.
- Follow up with buyers before the factory warranty expires to promote protection plans.
- Use floor time effectively to meet customer needs and solicit sales.
- Use and operate a computer and multiple computer programs.
- Use the telephone system appropriately.
- Participate in sales meetings and training provided by the dealership and manufacturers.
- Commit to becoming a powersport sales expert.
- Regularly read dealer and manufacturer provided publications.
- Attend trade shows occasionally to promote and/or sale products.
- Always maintain a sense of professionalism.
- Possess an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and efficient showroom and office environment.
- Move product to different location within the store or outside.
- Arrange product in a way to promote an aesthetically pleasing showroom.
- Mark, tag and display products according to laws, regulations, and dealership guidelines.
- Assists in maintaining the retail sales floor and displays to meet or exceed the dealership’s standards.
- Use dealership equipment and resources safely and proficiently; follow all available guidelines.
- Follow up on requested but unavailable units with the Sales Manager.
- Follow dealership policies regarding customer confidentiality and keeping that information secure.
- Stay abreast of new trends and techniques pertaining to motorcycle and powersports.
- Ensure that adequate internal controls exist and are functioning appropriately within assigned areas.
- Adhere to corporate policies/procedures, documentation standards, and applicable regulatory requirements (i.e., federal, state, local).
- Exercise an appropriate level of courtesy, tact, and professional communications in dealing with others.
- Contribute to a favorable public image of Honda Kawasaki KTM of Modesto.
- Contribute toward effective team problem solving with other employees and management to foster a collaborative workplace, and to promote positive customer experiences.
- Exhibit a high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to a standard of professional ethics.
- Show a high level of ownership, accountability, and initiative.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of tasks efficiently and with minimal error.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, other employees, and owners.
- Show an interest in growing the business in the Sales department.
- Keep himself/herself groomed and clothed per the dealership guidelines.
- Other duties as instructed.
Physical Job Description
- Mostly indoor work
- Occasionally lifting to 50lbs
- Reaching outward, above shoulder, and down low
- Using fingers
- Using a computer, phone, printer, fax machine
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Knowledge of motorcycle and powersports.
- No prior sales experience necessary, but preferred.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- No Sales License needed to start. You will need to acquire your Sales License from the CA-DMV with-in an established time period.
Math Skills required
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Computer Skills required
- Possess basic computer skills.
- The ability to learn dealer management software and other related software.
- The ability to use electronic messaging systems.
Communication Skills required
- Ability to speak effectively and clearly.
- Ability to listen effectively.
- Ability to follow instructions, both written and verbal.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to write legibly.
Reasoning Skills required
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Available to work 9am to 6pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Ability to extend hours to evenings and weekends to achieve goals.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Honda Kawasaki KTM of ModestoWhy Work Here?
Come and join the family of motorsports fun!
Honda Kawasaki KTM of Modesto is a renowned, local motorcycle center that has been serving clients in Central California since 1983. Our dealership not only offers you a great selection of motorcycles, but a professional service department and an awesome parts & accessories department staffed by knowledgeable and enthusiastic employees who love to ride and work with motorcycles.
1120 N Carpenter Rd ModestoModesto, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Honda Kawasaki KTM of Modesto