Proofreader / Administrative - Tewksbury, MA
- $18 to $19 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Homeyer Consulting Services, Inc. is the nation’s largest independent industrial water consulting firm. We are currently hiring for an Administrator / Proofreader for our Tewksbury, MA office.
This individual would act as an editorial assistant and complete a large amount of proofreading. Daily tasks would include proofreading and minor editing to technical documents, such as proposals, scientific reports, bid documents, etc. Most work originates in Microsoft Word and is then converted to PDF for publishing. More administrative duties include receiving faxes, printing/filing, phone calls, data entry, updating and managing records, etc.
The individual should be dynamic, well spoken, have excellent writing skills, require little supervision, be able to multitask, and have good planning skills. This individual should be a personable and friendly professional who is organized, computer literate, and detail oriented. This individual should be a self-starter who takes initiative in projects and is interested in moving into a leadership role. Occasional weekend work may be required. This is a non-exempt hourly position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Homeyer Consulting Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
Agencies: Homeyer Consulting Services, Inc. does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes from third party vendors including recruitment agencies. Only resumes received from contracted agencies/vendors will be considered. Homeyer Consulting Services, Inc. will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Generate and edit Word and Excel documents
- Proofread scientific/technical reports
- Publish lab and consulting reports to clients
- Provide support to field consultants
- Other duties and projects, as assigned
- Act as editorial assistant and proofreader
Qualifications and Skills
- Entry level position
- Four-year college degree required; Degree should be in the English/Writing field
- Experience with report writing very helpful
- Undergraduate coursework in chemistry or biology helpful
- Must be a team player
- Must have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize, problem solve, and meet deadlines and goals
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to work as a proofreader
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and consultants
- Ability to proofread and edit a document, including knowledge of proper grammar
- Ability to communicate effectively and provide proper follow-up
- Computer experience, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to learn other computer programs
- Handle as-needed projects and tasks and be able to multitask
- Ability to reshuffle priorities and stay on schedule
- Excellent spoken and written use of the English language
Homeyer Consulting Services, Inc. provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Homeyer Consulting Services, Inc.
36 Hillman StreetWindham, NH
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Proofreader / Administrative - Tewksbury, MA jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.