Homewood Village Resort Homewood, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Servers will manage their own section of tables in our Dining Room and provide guests with friendly, attentive and professional service. In addition to waiting on guests, Servers will have a variety of other responsibilities as assigned. Professional behaviors, wine presentation, and fine dining serving experience desired.
- Promotes and exemplifies the Homewood culture of exceptional guest service, team work, innovation, and fun! Works well independently and with others. Enjoys “pitching in” whenever and wherever assistance is needed. Conducts and shows a high level of professionalism. Values our safety culture, our community, and maintaining a healthy, sustainable environment. Ensures that guests and employees have a fun, safe, and memorable experience. Asks questions, shares concerns, or gives ideas on innovation and efficiencies that improve both the guests’ and employees’ experience.
- Have excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Ladies and Gentlemen Need Apply.
- Must maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Must be able to wear a uniform.
- Must enjoy serving people and having fun!
- Must display top notch customer service skills
o Literate and fluent in English.
o Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
o Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
o Additional language(s) desirable.
o Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
o Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
o Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions and percentages.
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, mathematical, or diagram form.
o Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
o Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Education and/or Experience:
o High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
o Or 2 year(s) or month(s) related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Prior fine dining and hospitality experience desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registration:
o CA Food Handler's Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly required to stand, sit, and walk; talk and hear; taste and smell; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
· Required to use the computer and Point of Sale system. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to lift/move 10 lbs. or more and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
· Telephones, PC, database, office supplies, and filing cabinets
· Industrial kitchen equipment and bar supplies
· Cash registers
· Snow removal equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Occasionally exposed to harsh outside weather conditions.
· Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration.
· Noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
If you’re going to live in Lake Tahoe, you might as well enjoy Lake Tahoe, right? Join our team on the beautiful West Shore of Lake Tahoe to see firsthand what “A vacation with every lunch break” really means for each and every one of our employees. Between our three properties, Homewood Mountain Resort, the West Shore Cafe & Inn and the Homewood High & Dry Marina, we are happy to offer both year-round and seasonal job opportunities. Tucked between the mountains and the lake, our resort has a little something for everyone and we hope you will join us.
Homewood Village Resort
FoodView all jobs at Homewood Village Resort