- Expired: December 08, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are...
Since 1973, BPR has developed and managed unique hotels that were designed to create lasting memories. We strive to bring real passion and creativity into every project. As a family owned company, our team and hotels are a reflection of our core values: To be scrappy and hardworking, to be authentic and humble, to always seek to understand and be committed to growth.
The BPR team is a group of self-starters and outside the box thinkers. We are scrappy individuals who are committed to team growth. To us, every interaction and project is a chance to create a unique experience. It's a chance to roll up our sleeves and work with the resources we have. That's how we got our start.
Today, BPR is a company of 600 employees, with thirteen lifestyle and branded hotels, all unique to the communities they serve. Although we have grown tremendously since the beginning, the same core principles passed down from our founder remain intact. That's why we are committed to finding creative individuals who have what it takes to get the job done.
Help us build something unique.
Managed by BPR Properties, The Hotel Shattuck Plaza is a 199-room boutique hotel located in Downtown Berkeley, less than a 2 minute walk to the lively campus of the University of California Berkeley. The Hotel Shattuck Plaza welcomes its employees into its newly redesigned historic style with the perfect mix of contemporary design and vintage charm. To add to the flavor, the Hotel Shattuck Plaza proudly features Zino Mediterranean Cuisines, a lively restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine and creative cocktails that celebrate the local harvest and culture.
What We Look For...
We believe that cultivating passion and creativity in our business is reflected in the experiences we create. Our team is constantly striving to reach their full potential. That means developing and utilizing talents. It means never settling with mediocre and always striving to improve. Just like our founder reinvested in his family, we continue to reinvest in ours.
We are seeking a new General Manager to join our passionate team of professionals. We are looking for a General Manager who is energetic, engaged, efficient, strategic, and an effective leader. As a General Manager in the hotel you will be responsible for managing the property operations and continuing to make improvements in guest services, employee management, sales/marketing, property appearance and profit/financial control.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and promote a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
- Responsible for maximizing revenues and flow through to GOP to meet or exceed budget.
- Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts.
- Work with Regional Director of Sales.
- Work with sales staff to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives, activities include setting goals, completing competitive surveys, taking reservations and compiling reports.
- Promote 100% guest satisfaction throughout property. Instills the 100% guest satisfaction objective to management and hourly associates.
- Work with Human Resources to recruit qualified applicants and train employees in accordance with company standards.
- Motivate and give direction to all employees.
- Inspect and document repairs and cleanliness of property with Executive Committee and Head of Maintenance to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness and overall property appearance.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, responsibilities to supervise or assist in include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Model Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Degree in hospitality is preferred.
- 7+ years related hospitality management experience required.
- 4+ years GM experience required.
Be Bold. Apply Now.
Like what you see? If interested, please apply now to be considered for this position.
**BPR Properties is an EOE M/F/D/V**
RetailView all jobs at Homewood Suites
Get fresh General Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.