Homewood Suites by Hilton Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Directs housekeeping program of hotel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of hotel by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervises work activities of housekeeping staff
- Provides training, including safety training and standard operating procedures to all housekeeping personnel as directed by management
- Ensures adherence to company quality standards by inspecting rooms, including deep cleans
- Distributes keys and work assignments to staff
- Addresses guest complaints regarding housekeeping service or equipment
- Assists General Manager in the selection of housekeeping personnel
- Assists management staff of hotel in assuring housekeeping staff is practicing efficient and effective procedures
- Monitors linen and guest supply inventory
- Reports any maintenance repairs to maintenance staff; records repair information in maintenance log
- Completes follow-up on vacant or occupied rooms
- Assumes function of Housekeeper as necessary
- Takes control of lost and found items as appropriate
- All other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develop alternative solutions; Uses
- reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality
- Oral Communications – Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills
- Team Work – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Managing People – Makes self available to staff; continually works to improve supervisory skills
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including, but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – Strives to increase productivity
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college, or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Supervises housekeeping staff consisting of 1-10 employees
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently requited to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.