Do you like making repairs and learning about how things work? Do you want to be a part of a team that creates a safe and enjoyable environment for our guests?
As a maintenance technician you will work varying days and hours completing daily work orders, managing preventive maintenance procedures and keeping organized records. We provide a friendly, professional place to work and have fun, with opportunities for advancement and career growth. A strong company culture inspires staff to achieve the highest service standards in hospitality. Tharaldson offers many benefits including health, vision, dental, 401(k) and profit sharing!
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs Daily Maintenance Engineer Checklist
- Collaborates with the Regional Maintenance Engineer
- Reports and records all property deficiencies
- Completes and maintains Enterprise Asset Management Log
- Identifies and reports needed repairs to the parking lot and sidewalks.
- Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks
- Maintains and repairs buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses
- Maintains all fixtures and equipment according to preventative maintenance schedule, and records such as maintenance in logbook and Enterprise Asset Management Maintenance Calendar
- Replaceswornordamagedpartssuchashoses, wiring,andbelts,inmachinesandequipment
- Assists other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies
- Maintains and services pool and spa areas including testing and recording as stated by State and City regulations. Communicates all variances to Regional Maintenance Engineer
- Keeps an accurate inventory of all tools and supplies
- Maintains cleanliness of public areas, storage areas, and parking lot
- Empties trash cans and consolidates trash for weekly pickup
- Maintains a clean and organized workshop
- All other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions
- Customer Service –Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds promptly to requests for service and assistance
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment free environment
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative – Asks for and offers help when needed
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity
- Safety & Security – Observes safety and security procedure; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, orally, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non- weather); work in high, precarious places; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb or balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Homewood Suites by Hilton