Desktop Support Technician (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
Since 2001, Homelink Corporation has minimized the impact of displacement by opening doors into safe and secure living arrangements. We provide 24/7/365 Nationwide Temporary Housing.
We are seeking a motivated and hard-working individual with excellent communication and multitasking skills who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position is full-time (40 hours/week).
Competitive pay, health, vision, dental and life insurance, paid time off, 401(k) with company matching after one (1) year, and on the job training.
Our Desktop Support Technician provides timely and useful technical assistance to troubleshoot equipment or computer system concerns reported by internal staff member. This role will be mainly responsible to oversee our IT request tickets and provide resolution directly or through partnership with our IT vendor.
- Serve as the first point of contact for team members seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk team members through the problem‐solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Equipment ordering and asset management.
- Support with IT / Business System related projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a technical support position in an IT organization or personal computing environment is required.
- Must have at least six months experience in a direct user support and training environment, to include the use of word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and database software packages.
- Experience in the use of Windows 10 and preceding platforms and MS Office 360, is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay organized while navigating a fast paced working environment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in both a verbal and written manner and must have the ability to hear and verbally respond during interactions with staff and customers. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands through fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
This position is full-time. It will require a flexible schedule that may necessitate occasional evenings/weekends coverage. Position will require on call responsibilities/support as scheduled by management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AddressHoffman Estates, IL
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?