Senior Software Engineer - Payments
Homebase Austin, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and their employees. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. We are not Human Capital Management. We are not HR Software. We're tools built for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on paperwork and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Based in San Francisco and Houston, and Toronto, Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, and Khosla Ventures.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Payments, you will join a team to ideate, design, and implement software solutions that both enhance the Homebase software platform and have a positive impact on the lives of our customers. By working with Product Managers, Architects, Mobile Engineers, and Data Engineers, you have the opportunity to explore and grow features that extend the way people manage their money. As a tech leader, we need your help in identifying and vetting ways that fraud may occur on the platform, as well as represent the team in cross-functional growth efforts. You will help drive end-to-end product engineering for the web, mobile, and API software components that make up our product platform.
- 5+ years of Web Application Software Engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience with financial, payments or fraud detection systems
- Working knowledge of the Ruby programming language, as well as the Ruby-on-Rails framework
- A deep understanding of object-oriented software, design patterns, and test-driven development
- Experience with SQL, along with data modeling for scalability and performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related Engineering discipline or equivalent experience required
Nice to Have
- Have been on a product team and are open to pairing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including familiarity with analytical tools
- Knowledge of Git, Github, Jira, and Confluence
- Empathy for the customer's experience
What We Offer You
- Generous accrued PTO
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a 4% match
- Stock Options - Everyone is an owner
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving while working from home and who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Homebase is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.
TechnologyView all jobs at Homebase