EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for acquisition, retention and expansion of new and existing customer relationships. The Sr. CSR provides exceptional customer service by taking ownership of the customer experience from introducing the customer to HomeStreet Bank through profiling the customer, assessing their banking and borrowing needs, and recommending appropriate products based on a thorough knowledge of HomeStreet products and services. Provide a variety of teller services such as handling deposits, withdrawals, and maintaining accounts. Perform processing tasks such as making automatic transfers, updating records and balancing. At all times, provide superior customer service.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS :
New Accounts/Sales Activities
- Effectively interviews and profiles customers in order to recommend appropriate banking products and services.
- Effectively partners with other business lines within the Bank to identify sales opportunities and provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Processes complex transactions such as changing account ownership, living trusts, guardianship accounts, and estate assignments.
- Originates consumer loans, acting as customer advocate to ensure prompt processing of consumer loans.
- Opens and closes customer accounts including checking, savings, money markets, certificates of deposit, and IRAs.
- Where appropriate, actively takes advantage of all sales opportunities, cross-selling bank products and services to new and existing customers, ensuring recommended products meet needs of customer. Makes referrals to other business units for non-banking products.
- Participates in sales programs to generate new customers.
- Must sell financial products and services to meet referral goals and performance evaluation/personal goals.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of bank products and services.
- Sets an example for the CSR staff in the area of customer service and customer advocacy.
- Actively listens to customers, and maintains a friendly, positive, professional attitude. Resolves difficult situations with creativity, tact and diplomacy.
- Supports branch lobby management.
- Consistently demonstrates proficiency in providing exceptional customer service utilizing the STAR (Seamless, Trustworthy, Attentive, and Resourceful) qualities either in person or on the telephone.
- Resolves difficult situations using the HEAL guidelines of Hearing out the customer, Easing the tension, Acting to improve the situation, and Leaving a positive impression.
- Looks for ways to pleasantly surprise our customers, i.e., doing something above and beyond their expectation that makes them feel special.
- Participates in two community events per year.
- Performs daily teller services such as processing deposits, withdrawals, holds, loan payments, traveler's checks purchases, stop payments, telephone transfers, direct deposits, cash advances, sight drafts, verifications of deposit, ATM card requests, wire transfers and other related matters.
- Balances cash drawer independently, maintains cash over and short record within HomeStreet's compliance policy.
- May be assigned the control of the vault cash. Follows guidelines to maintain limits, meet cash shipment requirements, and balance daily.
- Effectively performs project responsibilities as assigned such as processing and balancing ATM, balancing travelers' checks, daily branch balancing, Customer Information System input, branch supply orders, and monthly branch report generation.
- Effectively assist other CSRs in the completion of work assignments and balancing.
- Participates in branch audit functions.
- Follows HomeStreet's policies and procedures and meet regulatory requirements.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Minimum of 3 years job experience as a CSR/New Accounts Representative or equivalent, plus demonstrated ability in an operations area related to Bank or retail operations.
Technical skills and experience to operate teller software, Word, Excel, and other bank-related computer programs.
Strong customer relations skills and the ability to communicate and work well with employees and customers in a cooperative, positive manner.
Must be a self-starter, dependable, able to work within deadlines under pressure.
Must possess excellent judgment, and the ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
Ability to work quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make decisions.
Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Requires ability to operate teller and office equipment including computers, adding machines, telephones, typewriters, copy machines, fax machines, electronic credit card authorization terminals, and security devices.
Requires physical exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (1/3 of the time) and a negligible amount of force frequently (up to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move self or objects. Frequent (up to 1/2 of the time) sitting. Walking, standing, bending and reaching occasionally and for brief periods of time.
This Position Description may not be limited to the Functions and Requirements as outlined, now or in the future. For example, changes in corporate needs, position demands, or individual performance may result in changes to the Functions or Requirements of this position.
Customer Service (Sales)
Who We Are
Founded in 1921, HomeStreet Bank offers consumer and business banking, mortgage financing, commercial lending, investment and insurance products and services in the Pacific Northwest, California and Hawaii. We maintain a shared goal across teams and regions to be the trusted and preferred source of financial services for our clients.
Our drive to achieve this goal begins with trust - in our own abilities and in those who we work with each day. At HomeStreet, we respect and empower our employees to make decisions that support innovation, and deliver results for customers. Employees collaborate across teams to make the right decisions, share knowledge, continually move forwards and grow.
We believe in promoting from within to deliver the strongest base of company knowledge, shared experience. And understanding about how our company has grown and evolved since its founding in 1921. Our teams reflect motivation, caring and a drive to achieve while having fun and supporting the communities where we live and work. This is how we deliver value every day.
As a rapidly expanding company, HomeStreet offers many opportunities to learn and grow. Throughout a period of dramatic growth, we have preserved the tradition of working in cross-functional project teams and promoting advancement across the company. Whether your interest lies in the banking or lending aspects of our business, if you have a desire to learn, are enthusiastic, perform quality work and have a passion for customer service, you will thrive in this fast paced and fun environment where people respect and help each other.
Diversity and Inclusion
HomeStreet is committed to a diverse workplace with employees from a wide range of backgrounds. We recognize that a more diverse workforce translates to broader perspective and greater understanding, which in turn translates to a greater capacity for customer service. We focus on recruiting and retaining employees from different backgrounds and who are representative of the people in our communities. By doing so, we are better able to serve our customers and understand their financial services needs and goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental HomeStreet belief. We practice fair and equal treatment for everyone, regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, political ideology, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or the presence, history or perception of having any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status. In addition, we ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This philosophy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer,