EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
CSR I - Perform a variety of teller services such as processing deposits, withdrawals, and payments. Process automatic transfers and update customer account information. Where appropriate, explore customer needs and cross-sell bank services. Make appropriate referrals to other business units for non-banking products. At all times, provide superior customer service.
CSR II - Performs above functions as well as being responsible for acquisition, retention and expansion of new and existing customer relationships. Provides exceptional customer service by taking ownership of the customer experience from introducing the customer to HomeStreet Bank through profiling the customer, assessing their banking and borrowing needs, and recommending appropriate products based on a thorough knowledge of HomeStreet products and services.
- Provides daily deposit services such as handling deposits, withdrawals, holds, loan payments, stop payments, telephone transfers, direct deposits, cash advances, , verifications of deposit, Debit card requests, and other related matters.
- Maintains cash handling within prescribed limits, accurately count, receive and disburse cash, correctly handle mutilated and bait currency.
- Balances cash drawer independently, maintain cash over and short record within HomeStreet's compliance policy.
- May be assigned the control of the vault cash. Follows guidelines to maintain limits, meet cash shipment requirements, and balance daily.
- Effectively perform project responsibilities as assigned such as processing and balancing ATM, daily branch balancing, Customer Information System input, branch supply orders, and monthly branch report generation.
- Effectively assist other CSRs in the completion of work assignments and balancing.
- Familiar with all bank products and services. May occasionally be assigned new account responsibilities.
- Where appropriate, actively takes advantage of all sales opportunities to cross-sell bank products and services to new and existing customers, ensuring recommended products meet needs of customer. Make referrals to other business units for non-banking products.
- Participates in sales programs to generate new customers.
- Must sell financial products and services to meet referral goals and performance evaluation/personal goals.
- Obtains profitability and personal goals outlined in both incentive programs and performance evaluations. CSR II (In addition to the above activities):
- Effectively interviews and profiles new and existing customers in order to recommend appropriate banking products and services.
- Effectively partners with other business lines within the Bank to identify sales opportunities and provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Opens and closes customer accounts including checking, savings, money markets, certificates of deposit, and IRAs
- Consistently demonstrates proficiency in providing exceptional customer service utilizing the STAR (Seamless, Trustworthy, Attentive, and Resourceful) qualities either in person or on the telephone.
- Actively listens to our customers by communicating the customer's value, thereby maintaining a friendly, positive and professional attitude.
- Resolves difficult situations using the HEAL guidelines of Hearing out the customer, Easing the tension, Acting to improve the situation, and Leaving a positive impression.
- Looks for ways to pleasantly surprise our customers, i.e., doing something above and beyond their expectation that makes them feel special.
- Participates in two community events per year. CSR II (In addition to the above activities):
- Supports branch lobby management.Operational Activities CSR I
- Performs responsibilities such as filing and maintaining signature cards and certificate copies.
- As requested, assists with branch audit functions.
- Follows HomeStreet's policies and procedures and all regulatory requirements.
- Performs all other duties as required. CSR II (In addition to the above activities):
- Participates in branch audit functions. REQUIREMENTS: CSR I
- Six months of cash handling, customer service, and sales experience preferred with prior banking experience a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years cash handling and customer service experience. Banking experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in cross-selling banking services (preferred at the CSR I level; required at the CSR II level.)
- Strong customer relations skills and ability to communicate and work well with employees and customers in a cooperative, positive manner.
- Strong math and computer skills are required. (PC experience required with knowledge of Word, Excel and teller/bank software preferred at the CSR II level.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must possess good judgment, and the ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, to analyze information and make decisions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires ability to operate teller and office equipment including computers, adding machines, telephones, typewriters, copy machines, fax machines, electronic credit card authorization terminals, and security devices.
- Requires physical exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (1/3 of the time) and a negligible amount of force frequently (up to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move self or objects. Frequent (up to 2/3 of the time) standing. Walking, sitting, bending and reaching occasionally and for brief periods of time.
- Must be a self-starter, dependable, able to work within deadlines under pressure.
- Willingness to assume additional responsibilities/duties/projects as they arise.
Customer Service (Sales)
Who We Are
Founded in 1921, HomeStreet Bank offers consumer and business banking, mortgage financing, commercial lending, investment and insurance products and services in the Pacific Northwest, California and Hawaii. We maintain a shared goal across teams and regions to be the trusted and preferred source of financial services for our clients.
Our drive to achieve this goal begins with trust - in our own abilities and in those who we work with each day. At HomeStreet, we respect and empower our employees to make decisions that support innovation, and deliver results for customers. Employees collaborate across teams to make the right decisions, share knowledge, continually move forwards and grow.
We believe in promoting from within to deliver the strongest base of company knowledge, shared experience. And understanding about how our company has grown and evolved since its founding in 1921. Our teams reflect motivation, caring and a drive to achieve while having fun and supporting the communities where we live and work. This is how we deliver value every day.
As a rapidly expanding company, HomeStreet offers many opportunities to learn and grow. Throughout a period of dramatic growth, we have preserved the tradition of working in cross-functional project teams and promoting advancement across the company. Whether your interest lies in the banking or lending aspects of our business, if you have a desire to learn, are enthusiastic, perform quality work and have a passion for customer service, you will thrive in this fast paced and fun environment where people respect and help each other.
Diversity and Inclusion
HomeStreet is committed to a diverse workplace with employees from a wide range of backgrounds. We recognize that a more diverse workforce translates to broader perspective and greater understanding, which in turn translates to a greater capacity for customer service. We focus on recruiting and retaining employees from different backgrounds and who are representative of the people in our communities. By doing so, we are better able to serve our customers and understand their financial se