EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting capital markets accounting functions for HomeStreet bank and its affiliates, including among others, recognition of investment and debt transactions and performance of account reconciliations. In addition, responsible for reviewing assigned general ledger accounts to monitor activity during the month, ensure timely reconciliation to the appropriate sub ledger, investigate unusual activity and explain significant variances. Complete supporting schedules for SEC and regulatory reporting through preparation of 'Requests for Information' and 'Prepared by Client' schedules. Partner closely with Treasury personnel to understand transactions to account for and report appropriately. Support enterprise-wide initiatives and other special projects. These include system upgrades for Accounting Department, and merger and acquisition related activities. Contribute to the efficiency of the Capital Markets Accounting Group by participating in cross training, sharing job responsibilities, and serving as position backup for other staff.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS :
- Prepare journal entries and develop supporting, auditable documentation.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations.
- Perform and document variance analysis for assigned accounts identified during the monthly and quarterly accounting cycle and present to management.
- Prepare detailed schedules for SEC, tax, and regulatory reporting purposes.
- Assist in drafting or updating memos for non-recurring accruals or adjustments as needed.
- Key contributor in maintaining the bank's SOX program. Maintain accounting and desktop procedures for responsible areas/applications to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and regulatory requirements.
- Re-engineer existing processes to improve efficiencies and enhance controls in financial close and reporting.
- Assist with incorporating new accounting standards into Accounting Operations policies, procedures and sub ledger systems where appropriate.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the Capital Markets Accounting Group by participating in cross training, sharing job responsibilities, and serving as position backup for other staff.
- Build strong working relationships with accounting personnel and across assigned business functions.
- Support enterprise-wide initiatives and other special projects. These include system upgrades for Accounting Department and merger and acquisition related activities.
- Work with the bank's independent and internal auditors and examiners in their quarterly and annual reviews and audits.
- Perform ad hoc projects as requested. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 4 years of related work experience preferred, including some public accounting and/or experience with financial institutions, financial instruments, or investment accounting experience highly preferred.
- Willingness to learn about capital markets and financial instruments.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred. CPA certification or progress towards preferred.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of Capital Markets Accounting Group. Strong written and oral communication skills. Hands-on, energetic, organized, team player with proven ability to adapt quickly in a changing environment and facilitate change, multitask effectively and work independently.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficient with General Ledger and MS Office applications, strong Excel skills preferred, and willingness to learn other software as needed.
- IT/systems savvy skill set highly preferred.
Finance and Treasury (Corporate)
Who We Are
Founded in 1921, HomeStreet Bank offers consumer and business banking, mortgage financing, commercial lending, investment and insurance products and services in the Pacific Northwest, California and Hawaii. We maintain a shared goal across teams and regions to be the trusted and preferred source of financial services for our clients.
Our drive to achieve this goal begins with trust - in our own abilities and in those who we work with each day. At HomeStreet, we respect and empower our employees to make decisions that support innovation, and deliver results for customers. Employees collaborate across teams to make the right decisions, share knowledge, continually move forwards and grow.
We believe in promoting from within to deliver the strongest base of company knowledge, shared experience. And understanding about how our company has grown and evolved since its founding in 1921. Our teams reflect motivation, caring and a drive to achieve while having fun and supporting the communities where we live and work. This is how we deliver value every day.
As a rapidly expanding company, HomeStreet offers many opportunities to learn and grow. Throughout a period of dramatic growth, we have preserved the tradition of working in cross-functional project teams and promoting advancement across the company. Whether your interest lies in the banking or lending aspects of our business, if you have a desire to learn, are enthusiastic, perform quality work and have a passion for customer service, you will thrive in this fast paced and fun environment where people respect and help each other.
Diversity and Inclusion
HomeStreet is committed to a diverse workplace with employees from a wide range of backgrounds. We recognize that a more diverse workforce translates to broader perspective and greater understanding, which in turn translates to a greater capacity for customer service. We focus on recruiting and retaining employees from different backgrounds and who are representative of the people in our communities. By doing so, we are better able to serve our customers and understand their financial services needs and goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental HomeStreet belief. We practice fair and equal treatment for everyone, regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, political ideology, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or the presence, history or perception of having any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status. In addition, we ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This philosophy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Employing Individuals with Disabilities
HomeStreet embraces the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws providing for nondiscrimination in employment against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the alternative email address below to contact us about your interest in employment with HomeStreet Bank: Recruiting@homestreet.com.
Come Grow With Us
For more than 90 years, HomeStreet Bank has maintained a strong commitment to ethics, customer service and support of our communities. Building trust with our customers and employees is at the core of everything we do, and we're looking for talented and motivated people to join us as we grow and evolve as a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to employee development. We continually aim to build and maintain a successful team of talented people who feel challenged to do their best every day. We hire for potential, support personal development, and whenever possible, promote from within.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and incentives with the opportunity to give back to the community. Whether you're just beginning your career in financial services, or have years of experience, we have a wide range of job opportunities for you to consider.