EO/AA Employer including Vets and Disabled
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered in accordance with legal requirements.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Business Analyst is an experienced professional who works directly with end-user groups and management to establish business and system processes, to ensure efficient usage of systems, and to participate in the implementation of new applications and processes. The Senior Business Analyst will help define requirements, document business needs, configure systems according to specifications and test enhancements.
Primary Functions :
- Assigned to projects of medium to high complexity and can independently drive simple initiatives at a given time.
- Writes requirements specifications utilizing standard templates, using natural language - simple, clear, unambiguous, and concise.
- Performs Cost Benefit Analysis for projects.
- Assists in aligning project to business objectives and drivers.
- Assists with eliciting requirements using the following activities methods and tools: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process analysis, use cases, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
- Assist with the decomposition of high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specified in the appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
- Independently facilitate systems scoping and requirements workshops.
- Identifies and resolves conflicting requirements.
- Co-facilitate requirements prioritization.
- Identifies requirements that are consistent with company policies, regulations, and standards.
- Contributes in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
- Responsible for changes to baseline requirements through effective application of change control processes, tools, and appropriate escalation.
- Assist the project sponsor and/or product business owner in documenting the product's vision and the project's scope.
- Researches and recommends improvements to business processes, organization, and rules that can increase the advantages gained from technical and non-technical solutions.
- Documents complex system workflows and business processes.
- Assists in development of project communications to stakeholders.
- Identify ways to assist management in product and/or business planning and improvement through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates
- Provide clear and timely communication to end user groups
- Determine, document and communicate the impact of proposed system enhancements and changes to current business processes
- Minimum of 7 years as a Business Analyst (3 years in a banking/finance environment).
- Ability to quickly learn and understand our organization, environment and processes
- Demonstrated achievement in applying technology solutions to business issues in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear, concise and timely communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and meeting facilitation experience
- Ability to work independently while supporting a team environment
- Proven ability to handle complex issues across multiple business groups
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects
- Able to operate a Personal Computer and view information on a monitor.
- Must be able to sit for many hours each day.
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and possess dexterity to include filing document, reaching and bending.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 10 pounds
- Ability to speak and understand English and express ideas and have difficult conversation in person and over the telephone
- Ability to listen and comprehend speech.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and information, read, write and organize information in an orderly manner.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally as needed.
- Normal business office environment.
- Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of time
Administrative and Business Operations (Corporate), SFL SF Technology
Who We Are
Founded in 1921, HomeStreet Bank offers consumer and business banking, mortgage financing, commercial lending, investment and insurance products and services in the Pacific Northwest, California and Hawaii. We maintain a shared goal across teams and regions to be the trusted and preferred source of financial services for our clients.
Our drive to achieve this goal begins with trust - in our own abilities and in those who we work with each day. At HomeStreet, we respect and empower our employees to make decisions that support innovation, and deliver results for customers. Employees collaborate across teams to make the right decisions, share knowledge, continually move forwards and grow.
We believe in promoting from within to deliver the strongest base of company knowledge, shared experience. And understanding about how our company has grown and evolved since its founding in 1921. Our teams reflect motivation, caring and a drive to achieve while having fun and supporting the communities where we live and work. This is how we deliver value every day.
As a rapidly expanding company, HomeStreet offers many opportunities to learn and grow. Throughout a period of dramatic growth, we have preserved the tradition of working in cross-functional project teams and promoting advancement across the company. Whether your interest lies in the banking or lending aspects of our business, if you have a desire to learn, are enthusiastic, perform quality work and have a passion for customer service, you will thrive in this fast paced and fun environment where people respect and help each other.
Diversity and Inclusion
HomeStreet is committed to a diverse workplace with employees from a wide range of backgrounds. We recognize that a more diverse workforce translates to broader perspective and greater understanding, which in turn translates to a greater capacity for customer service. We focus on recruiting and retaining employees from different backgrounds and who are representative of the people in our communities. By doing so, we are better able to serve our customers and understand their financial services needs and goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental HomeStreet belief. We practice fair and equal treatment for everyone, regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, political ideology, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, or the presence, history or perception of having any sensory, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or protected veteran status. In addition, we ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This philosophy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Employing Individuals with Disabilities
HomeStreet embraces the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws providing for nondiscrimination in employment against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the alternative email address below to contact us about your interest in employment with HomeStreet Bank: Recruiting@homestreet.com.
Come Grow With Us
For more than 90 years, HomeStreet Bank has maintained a strong commitment to ethics, customer service and support of our communities. Building trust with our customers and employees is at the core of everything we do, and we're looking for talented and motivated people to join us as we grow and evolve as a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to employee development. We continually aim to build and maintain a successful team of talented people who feel challenged to do their best every day. We hire for potential, support personal development, and whenever possible,