HomeServe USA, ranked as a 2017 Top Work Place, provides emergency repair plans which are like roadside assistance for your home. Our vision is to become the top-of-mind solution for consumers when something goes wrong in their home. Our incredible growth is fueled by a dynamic team who values collaboration, innovation and delivering exceptional customer service, all while working in a fun and friendly environment. HomeServe USA is part of a global organization that serves millions of customers in the US, UK, France, Italy and Spain. Come see why you should work for HomeServe USA!
HomeServe aspires to be the world’s most trusted provider of home repairs and improvements. Our incredible growth is fueled by a dynamic team who values collaboration, innovation and delivering exceptional customer service, all while working in a fun and friendly environment. HomeServe North America is part of a global organization that serves millions of customers in North America and Europe.
A key element of delivering our vision is growing our HVAC business in North America through a combination of organic and M&A growth. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of HVAC North America, the SVP HVAC Operations will be responsible for:
- Structuring the business through regional hubs and local spokes
- Leading regional GM’s to deliver profits and growth
- Integrating new acquisitions into the HomeServe HVAC business
The successful candidate must be capable of leading a large workforce (600+ employees trending over 1 thousand) including unionized HVAC service and installation technicians. As the leader of the division, the SVP is responsible for delivering world class customer experience, supporting the introduction and adoption of new technologies, driving organic growth. The successful candidate must be able to formulate, articulate, and lead strategic and tactical efforts to drive efficiencies and profitability within highly competitive HVAC markets.
The SVP will contribute to defining and will lead the implementation of the integration strategy of acquired companies into the HVAC business, across all functions and through the supervision and coordination of regional and local GM’s. This position also plays a key functional role leading change management activity including process and technology enhancements to differentiate HomeServe USA from the competition. As the leader and advocate of Field Operations it is essential the incumbent be able to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with the Contact Center, Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Business Development and IT teams to achieve the organizations objectives.
Provides strategic and operational leadership to the HVAC business across companies, regions and locations
Direct and manage regional and local HVAC GM’s to deliver goals
Contribute to the integration strategy and its implementation across the HVAC business, collaborating with HomeServe corporate teams, HVAC companies and/or external third parties
Work with the HVAC Marketing team, and leverage HomeServe resources to drive organic growth in HVAC companies (including policies, on-demand services and installations) while consistently delivering the expected customer experience
Develop and manage performance metrics, allocate resources, and develop fact-based analysis, budgets, and forecasts that support strategic business goals, improve technician productivity and improve service levels.
Collaborate with Finance and IT to ensure accurate, timely and consistent reporting
Coordinate Marketing, Finance, HR and HVAC GM’s to ensure adequate capacity to meet demand throughout the year including during peak heating and cooling season, in coordination with marketing campaigns and specific initiatives.
Ensure business policies, practices, and processes are established, managed and implemented to achieve HomeServe USA operational goals and Customer Promise
Lead HVAC GM’s to partner with Call Center to develop operational plans for peak heating and cooling seasons to meet service levels for emergency repairs and tune ups. This includes coordination of outbound dialing campaigns to proactively schedule tune ups and ensure sufficient staffing to meet targeted advertising campaigns
Coordinate field operations across the HVAC business to deliver goals
Lead essential operational support functions including Dispatch Operations, Inventory Management, Fleet Management, Safety and Technical Training
Based on root cause analysis, modify business practices that drive customer dissatisfaction to improve Net Promoter Score of the technician experience and claims process.
Conduct site visits and provides forum for formal and informal communications among Field Operations management and staff
- Ten years’ experience in home service delivery business (five years’ in HVAC Operations with a residential focus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field. Advanced degree preferred
- Five years’ experience in managing operations and integration for an M&A roll-up
- Financial/analytical skills, exceptional forecasting abilities, and proficiency with Excel required
- Demonstrated experience in organizational transformation, change management, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated work force management including experience with leading Field Service Management software
- Proven Track Record improving Net Promotor score
- Proven results with big step improvements in performance in short order
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams as well as establish and manage relationships at all levels of the company
- In depth knowledge of working with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel is required
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Must have experience presenting Board of Director level reports and analysis
- Thrives in an environment of rapid change and changing priorities
- Entrepreneurial and results oriented
- Able to make tough decisions regarding staff, HVAC department and overall company
- Travel up to 50%
- Competitive compensation
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Business-casual attire throughout the week
- Friendly, open and team oriented work atmosphere
- Excellent benefits including generous medical, vision, dental and life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with a company match
HomeServe USA is an equal opportunity employer.