The Senior Accountant is responsible for leading the preparation of corporate financial statements for several markets within the company, managing Accounts Payable, and managing acquisitions. They will take ownership of their assigned markets to ensure the income statement and balance sheet are accurate on a monthly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the AP specialist
- Prepare monthly financial statements for assigned markets
- Compile and post journal entries in support of period end close activities
- Reconcile cash accounts with bank statements
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and research differences
- Prepare all necessary entries for acquisitions
- Prepare monthly financial statements for acquisitions during the transitionary period
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Prepare files to facilitate the annual external audit for the supported divisions and potentially other divisions
- Complete special projects and perform ad hoc financial analysis as needed
Education, Certifications, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years in Accounting, including use of corporate general ledger systems
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify the root cause of, and develop and implement effective solutions to problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to prioritize, exercise judgment, and take ownership
- Team player with strong work ethic, proactive orientation, who can anticipate needs, is assertive, and highly accountable, with a mature and positive attitude
- Advanced Excel skills including XLOOKUP and pivot tables
- Accounts payable experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Sales tax experience preferred
- Public Accounting experience preferred
What HomeRiver Group Has to Offer:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- A full benefit package and great perks including medical, dental, vision, a health savings account (HSA), a flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid company holidays
- Paid time off (PTO), Volunteer Time Off, Birthday Time Off, and Wellness Time Off
- Life insurance, AD&D insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability
ABOUT HOMERIVER GROUP
Our exceptional employees enjoy a fun and rewarding team culture. We treat each other with respect, sensitivity, and consideration. Employees also enjoy competitive pay and generous benefits. Our belief is that happy employees will provide the best service to our clients and customers.
READY TO JOIN OUR ACCOUNTING TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for the Senior Accountant position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
HomeRiver Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HomeRiver GroupMinneapolis, MN
Finance and InsuranceView All HomeRiver Group Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.