The Manager, Social Media will be charged with managing and executing the social media strategy The Home Depot. The manager will be responsible for development and stewardship of programs and content for social media channels and then listen and engage, where appropriate, within those channels. This person will track, monitor and report back results and feedback to key stakeholders within the company. Success will be determined by achieving goals as measured against defined social media metrics.
This person will work across functional groups (e.g. PR and Communications, Dot-com, Merchandising, Marketing, Logistics, IT, etc.) and external partners (agencies, etc.) to coordinate efforts and ensure success.
The manager has a demonstrated history of working in a high pressure, fast-paced environment while delivering multiple projects on time and within budget, coupled with an incredible drive for success.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40% Social Marketing Program Management-Design/execute communications strategy for Social campaigns, including development of editorial calendars, positioning/messaging.Advise/make recommendations on traditional, digital &social media integration into business priorities, goals,objectives. Direct external agency
- 20% Listening/Trends-Explore/evaluate emerging social media opportunities & tools to build strategies & proposals for implementing effective Social Media campaigns to drive the communication strategy for the organization.
- 20% Reporting/Metrics-Ensure programs delivered on-time/budget & proper measurements are applied to determine the effectiveness of marketing/ social spend & resources. Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring impact of social media programs, and analyze, review & report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
- 20% Organizational Alignment/Relationships. Work cross-functionally w/ stakeholders. Build relationships w/media, agencies & creative teams, merchandising marketing, public relations, HomeDepot.com & community affairs, as well as field leadership.
Position reports to Sr Manager, Social Media
Number of Direct Reports - 1
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 4 years
Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Additional Qualifications: Deep rooted understand of industry, business and customer dynamics
- 4+ years Social and Digital marketing experience
- At least 3 years Marketing management experience
- Must be able to submit examples of campaigns and results of multi-faceted initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Marketing, Journalism or Advertising
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social media platforms and their respective participants and how they can be deployed in different scenarios; have a good knowledge of principles of SEO.
- Planning: Understands and builds a social strategy that is innovative. Ability to execute from start to completion as well as weekly (daily) maintenance and updates to keep efforts current. Demonstrated ability to combine strategic planning with practical solutions
- Project Management: Excels at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialog with others on work and results. Highly organized - with ability to combine strategic direction with hands-on tactical execution
- Communication: Communicates clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect. Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact. Ability to build close relationships with key stakeholders across the organization, as well as with key vendor partner
- Thought leadership skills, including the ability to recognize trends/opportunities and formulate hypotheses and recommendations relevant to the business