The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing pediatric medical services to all of our community’s children and adolescents in accordance with all current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, as directed by the Pediatric Physician or APRN orders to assure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurately preform all testing, vitals, screeners, and information needed to support the provider to treat patients during well, chronic and acute care visits to all of the patients served in the outpatient clinic and/or residents at HOTI daily.
- Complete daily documentation of services including billing, evaluations, plans of care, monthly visit notes as required.
- Build a professional relationship with providers, patients and families daily.
- Collaborate with the Patient Access Rep, providers, Associate Director and/or VP daily to coordinate patient care.
- Adheres to all regulatory compliance with all federal, state, agency regulation and/or policies & procedures and all program specific desktop instructions daily.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant accredited program is required.
- Current CMA certification is preferred.
- CPR is required.
- Computer skills are required.
- 1-3 years of pediatric office experience is preferred.
- This position may require work beyond normal working hours as needed.
- Frequent interruptions may occur.
- This job involves some risk of exposure to blood or body fluids.
- This job does involve some minimum repetitive motion.
- The job has a 25 lb. minimum weight lifting requirement.
- This job requires moderate prolonged sitting, standing, and bending.
Do you have a passion for working with children and families? The Home just may be the place for you. With a 138 year history in the Louisville community, Home of the Innocents is looking for compassionate people who want to contribute to the team.
The Home offers a family friendly atmosphere with flexible scheduling, competitive wages, and free health insurance (single coverage for employee only), and up to 25-30 paid days off per year. For more details about our organization visit www.homeoftheinnocents.org or apply today!