The Lead Counselor is responsible for the ministry supervision of counselors, teaching staff and volunteers for the purpose of enhancing and supporting the best ministry skills that lead to improved outcomes for our clients. In this role, the Lead Counselor ensures the consistent and effective delivery of curriculum and counseling services. As a member of the program leadership team, the Lead Counselor will enhance program services through collaboration with senior team members. Formal reporting methods, surveys and critiques are used to track forward progress toward organizational goals for high standards.
- Monitor classroom delivery and measure quality and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership and supervision to individual Counselors.
- Ensure the quality, consistency and effectiveness of Client Assessment, Phase Plans and Aftercare Plan.
- Ensure accurate completion of records, reports, progress notes, and summaries in accordance with ethical standards and in adherence to departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides instruction and assists counselors with difficult and/or unusual assignments.
- Assist counselors in career development and obtaining professional certification.
- Encourage the development of the Counselors as a team by providing and leading periodic trainings and team building exercises.
- Set Counselor goals, provide quarterly feedback and provide annual performance reviews.
- Assist with Counselor/Client conflict resolution.
- Monitor group sessions to ensure that targeted outcome goals are being met.
- Works with the Volunteer Coordinator regarding appropriate placement of volunteers in the ministry program.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Education: Master's Degree and LPC (or eligible for LPC in Mississippi)
Experience: Desire 2 years counseling experience
Reports to: Program Manager