Rapid Rehousing Case Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Home Start’s vision is for every child to have a safe, stable, and nurturing home. Guided by our mission to assure the safety and resiliency of children by strengthening families and their communities, Home Start, Inc., a non-profit child abuse prevention, and treatment agency has strengthened and developed San Diego’s families and communities since 1972.
Job Summary: Provides housing-focused case management to a caseload of 15-20 households. Works with Housing Locators to identify appropriate housing for clients. Develops and works with clients on client-centered housing stability plans. Ensures clients receive a common assessment when appropriate. Assesses clients for self-sufficiency and makes referrals and linkages to community resources as appropriate. Assists with specific housing navigation activities and document collection. Attends case conferencing meetings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts program intakes and needs assessments for clients.
- Assists clients with completing common assessments when appropriate.
- Coordinates with Housing Locators/Specialists to identify appropriate housing for clients.
- Develops and implements client-centered housing stability plans.
- Provides case management services based on a Critical Time Intervention (CTI) model.
- Assists clients with move-in activities.
- Makes referrals to community resources as needed.
- Works with clients on obtaining benefits and/or increase income.
- Communicates expectations to clients.
- Prepares rent check requests.
- Assists with developing and managing client and program budget.
- Attends case conferencing meetings.
- Liaises with other systems (corrections, health, behavioral health, etc.).
- Maintains client files and records.
- Completes Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) data entry.
- Completes case notes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work, social services, and/or related human services field preferred. Demonstrated experience in low income, family-based services, and/or commensurate experience preferred. Knowledge: Knowledge of community resources for low income households. Abilities: Demonstrated ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity. Ability to provide support, structure, empathy, sound judgement, insight into human behavior and family relations. Skills: Effective communication skills. Must be a team player and be able to work independently. Computer literate as appropriate. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance and a reliable vehicle and be willing to use it on the job.
- Reading and typing on a computer frequently.
- Sitting for long periods of time at required meetings or in supervision.
- Daily traveling in car to meet with clients and attend agency and community meetings.
- Office environment.
- Travel to meet with clients.
Condition of Employment
In accordance with the recent California Department of Public Health Orders, depending on work location and subcontractor requirements, employees must adhere to the below requirements:
- Provide a copy of your COVID-19 Vaccination OR undergo weekly COVID-19 testing and observe all other infection control requirements, including face coverings.
- Obtain either the first dose of a one dose regime or the second dose of a two-dose regime of a COVID-19 vaccine by September 30, 2021* in accordance with CDPH order dated August 5, 2021.
*There may be exemptions to the vaccination mandate.
Home Start, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in the hiring of personnel because of gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship pregnancy, age, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Home Start Inc
AddressEl Cajon, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Home Start Inc