Quality Assurance Manager
Home Market Foods Norwood, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Home Market Foods (HMF) is a dynamic enterprise that has become the market leader in a number of prepared meat-based meal and snack categories. The company has grown substantially across its markets through excellence in innovation, manufacturing, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by its ownership group and an expanding team of world-class executives. HMF is building on this track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF's business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for its customers and team
We are based in Norwood, Massachusetts, which is comfortably within the Boston metropolitan area. HMF's facilities include a state-of-the-art plant, and R&D facility, as well as warehouse and Corporate functions. We are focused on continued growth and are executing against various initiatives that include additional product lines, new sales channels, greater penetration of our extensive customer relationships, as well as opportunistic acquisitions. Our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Quality Assurance Manager.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As part of the management team, the Quality Assurance Manager develops and implements quality assurance strategies, programs, policies and procedures to ensure the highest levels of food quality. The Quality Assurance Manager communicates quality assurance vision to the department, manages the quality assurance function and staff, makes decisions on workforce planning, and ensures products are manufactured on a timely basis within quality assurance specifications.
- Manages the quality assurance function, works with other members of the management team to ensure highly disciplined compliance with all product and process quality parameters and standards including formulations, specifications, approved methods, procedures, practices and systems to guarantee absolute product wholesomeness. This includes:
- Participation in Customer complaint investigations.
- Foreign matter/metal monitoring, and investigations.
- Ensures consistent product quality, integrity and conformance from raw material to finished product shipment by generating procedures and quality specifications.
- Conducting shelf-life studies on new and existing products in conjunction with R&D.
- Works in partnership with Food Safety Manager and Vendor Assurance Manager.
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and monitors employees' GMP practices while in the plant.
- With Director of QA & Food Safety, develops policies, procedures and training programs.
- Develops Quality Assurance and Food Safety personnel in their job functions. This includes:
- Being involved in hiring process and making sure new hires' training is implemented.
- Delivering quarterly and annual performance reviews for QA Supervisors
- Coaching and Mentoring QA Supervisors frequently and in a timely manner in leading their respective teams.
- With Director of QA & Food Safety, creates Career development plans for QA staff that supports development and growth of the employee and the company.
- As part of middle management and QA technical resource for company initiatives,
- Works on cross-functional projects related to quality and compliance of new and existing products
- Be involved in cross-functional Continuous Improvement (CI) team(s) in problem solving or improvement of current practices.
- Coming up with projects and/ or solutions that will drive the company's goals and objectives.
- Works with the Sanitation Department to ensure program compliance.
- Ensures plant and product conformance to third party audit standards such as GFSI's which include preparation and employee awareness training for audits.
- Be a Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Practitioner with Director of QA & Food Safety, and Food Safety Manager as back-ups. Be responsible for SQF Level 3 programs.
- Interacts with the FDA and USDA Regulators as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of QA& Food Safety or Management.
- Demonstrates and reinforces HPT behaviors in the department and organization as a whole.
- In his/her absence, the Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety will perform his/her responsibilities or delegate to a QA designate
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or other related field required
- Five to eight years of food industry managerial experience (meat industry highly preferred)
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Working knowledge of USDA and FDA regulations
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Availability for occasional travel
- Must be personally committed to and actively work on continuous self-improvement (reading, coaching, attending seminars, courses, conferences)
- Availability to work weekends and off-hours to support the department and the company at large.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; must have good vision. Must be comfortable walking for extended periods of time and climbing stairs.
Please visit http://homemarketfoods.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to complete our online application form.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Home Market Foods
TechnologyView all jobs at Home Market Foods