New Graduates Welcome........
Excellent training provided.......
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Nursing / Administrator
DESCRIPTION: Through the competent application of the nursing process, provides and directs the provision of home nursing care, based on agency policies and procedures. Reports to the Director of Nursing or other designated personnel. Indirectly supervises and directs the LPN and Home Health Aide as required by State and Federal laws.
RN with a Bachelor’s degree in nursing and licensed in the state where practicing would qualify. The RN must have one year of recent nursing experience (recommended within the last three years) in an acute treatment unit in a psychiatric hospital, psychiatric home care, psychiatric partial hospitalization program or other outpatient psychiatric services.
RN with an Associate degree in nursing and licensed in the state where practicing would qualify. The RN must have two years of recent nursing experience (recommended within the last three years) in an acute treatment unit in a psychiatric hospital, psychiatric home care, psychiatric partial hospitalization program or other outpatient psychiatric services.
JOB DUTIES/KNOWLEDGE: (50%)*
1.Makes initial assessment visit utilizing observation/assessment skills
2. Manages medical illness per Plan of Care; performs psycho-biological interventions
3. Evaluates teaches and reviews medications and compliance; administers IM or IV medication
4. Manages situational or other crises; performs assessments of potential self-harm or harm to others, and refers to the treating physicians as necessary
5. Teaching and training activities that require skilled nursing personnel to teach a patient, the patient's family, or caregivers how to manage the treatment regimen would constitute skilled nursing services. • Teaches self-care, mental and physical well-being, promotes independence and patient’s rights provides guidance in determining the reasonableness and necessity of the number of training visits and the appropriateness of re-teaching and re-training.
6. Promotes and encourages patient/caregiver to maintain a therapeutic environment
7. Provides supportive counseling psychotherapy and psycho-therapeutic interventions according to education and licensure. Provides psycho-education such as teaching/training with disease process, symptom and safety management, coping skills and problem solving
8. Provides evaluation and management of the patient's care plan
9. Counseling services may be rendered by either a trained psychiatric nurse or a social worker. These services should not be duplicative. Concurrent counseling or psychotherapy services by multiple providers are not medically necessary
10. Although intervention with family members may be appropriate on occasion, services by a trained psychiatric nurse to family members are not covered as a home health benefit, even if the patient will benefit.
- Provides those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, in accordance with the plan of care signed by the physician and makes the initial evaluation visit to the client. Accepts only clients referred by the Manager or designee. Demonstrates at least annually competency in all skills required for the agency which may include but not limited to, venipunctures, infusion therapy, infusion therapy device care, wound care, aseptic technique.
- Evaluates, and regularly re-evaluates the nursing needs of the client; initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions of the client's plan of care. Assesses the client's continual care needs. Plan of Care addresses all problems identified in the ongoing assessment or provides documentation of the rationale for not doing so.
- Initiates diagnostic, preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate to the client's care and safety. Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the needs of the client or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and/or other appropriate health professionals as often as needed, changes in the client's condition. Documentation reflects
- Teaches supervises and counsels client and family regarding home nursing procedures and other care needs as appropriate to the client's condition. Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.
- Coordinates the total plan of care and maintains continuity of client care by liaison with other health professionals assigned to the same clients as the nurse.
- Supervises home health aide at least every 14 days. Teaches Aide in duties of client care as needed, assesses client's need for unskilled care and revises plan of care as appropriate. Communicates Plan of Care changes to clients and Scheduler as often as necessary. Communicates changes in the Plan of Care to Aide as appropriate.
- Develops, prepares and maintains individualized client care progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to policies. Submits accurate documentation in a timely manner.
- Responsible for following all policies and procedures of the Agency, regarding service delivery, documentation, and care coordination. During supervisory visits, exhibits full compliance and verbalizes knowledge of agency policies including but not limited to client education, infection control, management of hazardous wastes, age-specific behaviors for
- Responsible for keeping current in nursing trends and knowledge. Participates in In-service programs as required by the agency.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement program of the agency. Can verbalize my own responsibilities and activities.
JOB PERFORMANCE, PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, and PROBLEM-SOLVING -- 20% 1 Performance demonstrates initiative and skills in planning and organization of work for
efficiency and good allocation of resources.
- Determines priorities and allocates resources efficiently.
- Maintains personal health status and professional licensure/certification requirements in
* All components are Essential to the position.
relation to the job position.
- Sets own development challenges and volunteers to learn. Initiates own involvement in continuing and/or advanced education.
- Exhibits adaptability, flexibility, self-control, and maturity in work and behavior.
- Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure and/or stressful conditions
- Develops work relationships that honor and respect others' strengths and abilities.
- Exhibits critical thinking abilities and applies them for continuous improvement of services and the agency.
MISSION/AGENCY STANDARDS and TEAM/COMMUNICATION SKILLS --30% 1 Identifies, anticipates and responds in a consistently positive manner to the external and internal customers of own job position.
- Demonstrates awareness of and commitment to Ultimate One Home Health Care as a
- Observes confidentiality policy at all times
- Observes attendance and attire policies
- Complies with all other related policies, procedures, and requests.
- Conserves agency resources. Is not wasteful of agency time and materials.
- Demonstrates interpersonal understanding and utilizes effective communication skills with co-workers, customers, and supervisors.
- Demonstrates the initiative to meet the needs of the agency by assisting co-workers whenever workload permits.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Home Integration INC
Why Work Here?Home Integration was established in 1990 with an intention to assist adults with developmental delays in the state of Oklahoma. This community-based program played a vital role by offering solutions for individuals moving from Hissom State School into their own communities. This program offers 24-hour-a-day, long-term care to individuals with developmental delays. Through the Supported Living Program, individuals with delays in development are encouraged to play an active part in his or her community. Many people have integrated into mainstream society through this program and currently are employed and live in their own homes.
A wonderful way to help others
Oklahoma City, OK