Certified Nurse Assistant
Home Instead - Skokie/Park Ridge/Chicago Skokie, IL
- Posted: 27 days ago
- $14 to $17 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
Working one-on-one with an individual in their home is currently a safer environment than working in a nursing home and allows you to focus on one person rather than 10-12 residents at a time. This gives you time you to develop relationships with the client and their support network.
If you are tired of working in a facility with numerous residents and feeling unfulfilled or frustrated, Home Instead may be the right place for you to utilize your skills, education, and desire to make a meaningful difference in peoples lives. You can also determine your shift preference - don't work 3rd shift if you don't want too! Work 4-12 hours per day based on your schedule.
What does a Home Instead CNA do?
As a Home Instead CNA, under the supervision of our Registered Nurses, you would provide support, in the home of the client, with positioning and transferring, medication reminders, bathing and dressing, observe, report, and record client changes in condition, catheter care, support with feeding, basic household duties (laundry, light housekeeping), meal preparation, support with grooming, as well as incontinent care (as needed), companionship, Alzheimer's and Dementia care, and activities within the client's capabilities.
* CAREGivers are using Company supplied Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
* CAREGivers are being vaccinated to help protect themselves and their clients
* CAREGivers are completing additional training on Infection Control and Standard Precautions to work safely inside a person's home
* CAREGivers are completing a daily electronic Self Health form that is submitted to the company
* CAREGivers are following the Company's Communicable Disease Policy and not reporting to work if they do not feel well
* HOME INSTEAD is working with local and state health departments to stay current on protocols and changes
* HOME INSTEAD is providing information on the vaccine and encouraging all CAREGivers and clients to be vaccinated
* HOME INSTEAD has nurses on staff to provide support and guidance to CAREGivers
As we continue to work to protect and support our vulnerable clients, co-workers, and others, Home Instead is strongly encouraging all CAREGivers to be vaccinated. Home Instead is providing education and resource materials on COVID-19 vaccination to support an employee's personal decision about being vaccinated.
Compensation and Benefits
- Company provided Personal Protective Equipment
- 24/7 On Call Support with a large office team
- Nurses on staff to provide guidance, training, and support
- Base hourly wage of $14.25 - $17.25 for come and go work- hourly pay varies by scheduled daily hours
- Live-in CAREGivers earn $182+ a day
- Overtime paid weekly for working 40+ hours
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid training during employment
- Time and a half pay on special Holidays worked
- Full and Part time opportunities
- Direct Deposit
- 401K with Company Match
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance (must meet FT qualifications)
- Access to AFLAC, CTA/Metra Commuter Benefit
- Referral bonus program for helping to hire more wonderful employees
We work to match CAREGivers with clients nearby to limit your commute times! We’re actively hiring for the following areas: Skokie, Evanston, Lincolnwood, Northbrook, Northfield, Glenview, Willmette, and Winnetka
- Clean background check, drug screening, and fingerprints
- Those seeking Full Time hours must be available Saturday and/or Sunday
- Reliable transportation - Preference given to those who drive their own vehicle
- 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- CNA - on Health Care Worker Registry with Active Status
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Experience preferred as a Certified Nurse Assistant
Find out more about this fulfilling career opportunity by completing an online application today.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Home Instead is seeking an individuals who will take personal pride working as a CAREGiver to meet the needs of our elderly clients and who are committed to working in a growing field while being an essential part of their client's daily routine.
Home Instead - Skokie/Park Ridge/ChicagoWhy Work Here?
With 20 years in business, we employ many people from various walks of life who are committed to working in a growing field.
Caring for seniors is a labor of love that requires a special person and just the right touch. Home Instead is are looking for compassionate people to join our CAREGiving team. Home Instead is seeking an individuals who will take personal pride working as a CAREGiver to meet the needs of our elderly clients and who are committed to working in a growing field while being an essential part of their client's daily routine.