RN up to $45/HR Private Duty, Great Client
- $38 to $45 Hourly
Job Description – Registered Nurse (RN)
The Registered Nurse (RN) is a front line position acting as a representative for HCNP LLC and providing the services offered by the company. The RN’s duties are not limited to those listed as the position has a wide scope of duties at times dependent on the Client yet always under the auspices of the company. The RN will typically work unsupervised at Client Residences mostly independently or in a position supervising a Nursing Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse and therefore must balance good judgement and initiative along with implementation of the Policies and Procedures of the Agency. The RN will be responsible for carrying out a Plan of Care for the Client developed by the Nurse Supervisor. It is the responsibility of the staff RN, occasionally under the supervision of the RN Nurse Supervisor, to perform routine treatments and services in the delivery of care to Clients. All Nursing Care to clients shall be conducted in compliance with a Physician’s orders. An RN will serve as a staff nurse and is occasionally responsible for the daily work assignments of LPN’s, and Nursing Assistants and will participate in their on the job training and provide information used in improving and evaluating their performance. A RN will be expected to provide the Client and family members with Health education, Listening to concerns, Consoling as needed and Communicating as necessary.
The RN should enthusiastically involve the Client in the Care program and help provide the Client with the basic standards of healthy living which, among other things, includes helping the Client engage in Physical Activity, Mental Stimulation Activities, Relaxation Activities and the provision of Adequate Nutrition.
Current RN license in the state of Illinois
Current certificate in standard first aid and CPR.
Able to supervise (instruct, assign work, etc.) Nursing Assistants and LPNs.
Valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation.
Ability to work independently.
Excellent communication and listening skills.
Ability to work in a stressful environment
Ability to act in a Compassionate and Caring Manner
Must be physically and mentally fit to handle the demands of care giving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list is a guideline of possible responsibilities and duties to be performed independently or as a group of duties in the course of working with the Client and in accordance with the Client’s Plan of Treatment. The RN’s duties are not limited to those listed and are in accordance with Illinois Nurse Practice Act:
- Is Responsible for the observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counsel, care and health care education of the Client
- Uses Health knowledge to maintain health and prevent illness of the Client
- Maintains open lines of communication among the nursing shifts, supervisors, clients and families and coordinates the Health Care Team and Client desires to maintain effective continuum of Client Care.
- Is aware of safety issues and strives to accomplish all duties in a safe manner, consistently reinforces good safety attitudes and practices by other staff members.
- Controls, prepares, and administers treatments and medications with knowledge of purpose and adverse effects and as prescribed by the Client’s Physician or Primary Health Care Provider.
- Functions as a knowledgeable and supportive team member occasionally under the supervision of the Nurse Supervisor to maintain high levels of Client health care.
- Directs activities of Nursing Assistants (CNAs) through verbal instruction and supervision as well as the preparation of written instructions.
- Directs activities of Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
- Completes all documentation for assessments, observations, planning evaluation, orders by physicians and care provided to clients and provides all notes to the Client’s physician at least every 90 days or as the Client’s condition changes.
- Develops and Remains familiar with Clinical Notes for the Client’s Clinical Record
- Utilizes professional assessment skills to identify physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of clients and is able to help develop and implement a care plan to meet these needs in a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Functions as a resource person and mentor to less experienced peers and subordinates to maintain professional nursing standards.
- Provides input to the Agency for the improvement and development of policies and procedures to support Client and Employee safety and the provision of quality Client Care.
- Acts as a Client advocate in order to assure Client rights are respected.
General Notes: The RN will be required to maintain a safe working environment for themselves and their clients. There may be emergency situations where the RN will have to react quickly with sound judgement.
The scope of duties described in this document may not include all duties to be performed by the RN and is subject to change.
Place of Employment: Client homes, work sites outside of the client home as required
Work Hours: This position is a day shift position 7am to 7pm. Will require you to work with the other RN to fill weekend days, on average one weekend a week.
Home Care Nursing Professionals LLCNorth Chicago, IL
Get fresh RN up to $45/HR Private Duty, Great Client jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.