Home Builders Institute Inc Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HBI is currently seeking a dynamic finance professional for its new role as Assistant Controller. In this role, you will:
- Create financial statements for end users as well as senior management.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports and ad hoc reports.
- Assist with grant management and supporting contracts to ensure funder interests align with program financials financial and other required reporting.
- Work with payroll provider to process and record bi-weekly payroll and related taxes.
- Provide support and assistance with the travel and entertainment software and practices.
- Assist with retirement plan compliance and plan audit.
- Assist with annual financial and single audits.
- Ensure all accounting practices are in compliance with legal guidelines and established accounting principles.
- Assist with billing and tax documentation preparation.
- Work with the financial team and program operational staff to create internal controls and policies.
- Collaborate with the IT department to maintain financial records and system processes.
- Identify solutions to discrepancies in financial records.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in accounting, finance, or a related field or an equivalent combination of training, skills, and experience is needed.
- Professional certification such as a CPA preferred.
- Minimum 5 plus years of progressively responsible accounting and finance experience or a related field
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations, and best practices
- Excellent understanding of governmental guidelines, tax laws that affect the company
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in basic office and accounting software programs
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Experience using Deltek’ s Costpoint accounting system preferred
- Experience using ADP WorkforceNow
- Proficiency with Excel and Word a must
- Excellent customer service
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum instruction
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
Home Builders Institute Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Home Builders Institute Inc