Ensures that all closings are completed timely and meet company and investor standards. Verifies that all applicable data within company systems are accurate. This position will help manage and build out our closing/post closing department. MINIMUM 3 YEARS MORTGAGE LOAN CLOSING USING ENCOMPASS EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. THIS IS AN IN OFFICE POSITION ONLY.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Understands and adheres to all department, division, and corporate policies and procedures as it pertains to their job responsibility.
- Completes review of loan file to ensure compliance with all closing and funding requirements, including but not limited to:
- Data Entry
- Fee Variance Tolerance
- Qualified Mortgage tests
- Higher Priced/High Cost loan analysis * Audits file for completeness and accuracy prior to sending documentation to settlement agent.
- Performs applicable work flow and validation checks for state specific requirements.
- Reviews funding conditions for completeness and accuracy.
- Responsible for issuing funding authorization, accurate wire amounts, and funding breakdown to settlement agents.
- Responsible to assist the post-closing and/or quality control departments to rectify and cure closed loans in order to render loans saleable into the secondary market.
- Works with management to promote the customer experience by fostering efficient service of the closing pipeline.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management. * Time Management
- Reviews daily reports to ensure service level agreements are being met regarding quantity of work assignments, turn times, and quality of work.
- Independently manages individual pipeline to meet service level agreements and funding wire deadlines. * Communication
- Proactively communicates with internal customers and staff to resolve loan level issues, obtain funding conditions and coordinate with all parties to clear loans and authorize disbursement.
- Proactively communicates with customers and settlement agents on each transaction.
Work Experience and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Excellent knowledge of industry and compliance guidelines for the closing process.
- Excellent knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA and VA closing requirements.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to multi-task and handle several priorities at once.
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude, while handling changing situations and strict deadlines.
- Ability to hear and understand customer inquiries and instructions from supervisors.
- Ability to work overtime as required by the department manager based on the work requirements.
- Reports to work on a daily and timely basis.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Three to five years experience.
- Three to five years Ellie Mae Encompass experience.