RN Case Manager, HCBA
- Posted: 25 days ago
This is not a traditional Home Health position. This position requires working from home as well as making occasional home visits. Are you an RN that enjoys improving the quality-of-care patients receive? Do you like to provide education and training to caregivers? Do you wish you had the time to delve into a client’s social determinants of health care and provide real solutions? Do you prefer to work Monday through Friday 8 to 5 in an office setting or from home with no working on holidays or weekends or call? Are you detail oriented, computer literate, and want to work as part of an interdisciplinary care management team supervising the care of clients who are receiving home and community-based services? Are you looking for a change where your nursing skills are valued?
Then we have a job for you! Home & Health Care Management has been providing health and social services to residents of Northern California for over 40 years. Our President is a Registered Nurse with a PhD in Nursing and Health Care Leadership who values the significant differences nurses can make to the health and welfare of patients. This position is responsible for managing the care of clients in the community for a contract that the agency has with the Medi-Cal Home and Community Based Alternatives (HCBA) Waiver Program. Our agency manages providers and clients in a 23-county catchment area for the California Department of Health Care Services. Our program has doubled in size since 2018 and we are in need of additional clinical staff to assist the agency in growing and promoting quality patient care.
We are looking for Full-Time nurses working in Vacaville, Solano County and the surrounding areas.
- Review of Medical Records including a client’s Plan of treatment, menu of health services, medications, medical equipment and other community-based services to ensure that the right amount and type of care and products meets the client’s medical needs.
- Communicate with providers/ patient participants or health care department or HUD housing representatives both verbally and in written format regarding clients’ care needs. Utilize electronic health record as required by departmental procedures to document all face-to-face or telephone or zoom communication with the client, their caregivers, medical providers and social service agencies.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team caring for clients.
- Institute tracking of quality indicators and reports to improve patient outcomes.
- Coordinate with Case Management team members (RN and MSW) via zoom or in-person meetings, or joint visits to clients as needed.
Experience & Education & Other Requirements
- Must possess a valid RN license to practice in California (Will consider program flexibility with BRN for <1 year)
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer literate
- Valid California driver’s license and insurance and ability to drive oneself on all roads & weather.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member
Preferred experience & traits
- Discharge planning, home health or hospice experience
- One year+ of work experience as an RN
- Familiarity with Microsoft office products including Excel and Word
- Inquisitive nature and analytical skills
Salary & Benefits
- Dependent on experience range is $ 43-53 hr.
- Vacation, holidays, sick time, medical, dental vision and life insurance packages
- 401 k plan
- FSA plan
- Mileage reimbursement
- Supervision to obtain Certified Case Manager Certificate available
To apply: please fill out the “employment application” and the “OIG/SAM Verification” Forms located at www.homeandhealthcaremgmt.com Fax applications and a cover letter/resume to 530-487-8585 or mail them to 1398 Ridgewood Drive, Chico California 95973. Attn: HR Recruiting department/Solano County HCBA RN Case Manager. If you have any additional questions, please call HR at 530-343-0727. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43.00 - $53.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Home Health
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Agency requires all employees to show proof of full COVID vaccination and be fully boosted or have an exemption. PPE is provided to all employees. Face masks are to be worn during working hours.
- Nursing: 1 year (Required)
- Case management: 1 year (Required)
- 2nd language (Preferred)
- RN (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Home & Health Care Management
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?