Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School (HIES) is seeking an After School Care Provider in the Auxiliary Program. The Bears After-School Experience (BASE) program provides after school care for HIES students from ages 3-12.
HIES is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic team member who enjoys working with school aged children PK3 - 5th Grade, in a nurturing educational setting. This is a part time, academic year (August – May) position. Applicants must be available to work Monday – Friday from either 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm or 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm and provide their own transportation.
Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
· Knowledge of basic first aid and safety protocols
· Ability to use positive discipline principles while maintaining a safe and fun environment
· Effective communication and problem-solving skills while working with students, parents and co-workers.
· Punctuality and dependability, as well as a positive and professional appearance at all times
· Ability to engage young children in creative and imaginative play
· Assist students with after school homework and/or enrichment projects (arts, crafts, reading, etc.)
· Plan and organize age appropriate games and other playground activities
· Cleaning and organizing snack stations, playground equipment and other enrichment activity locations
· Other duties as assigned by the Auxiliary Programs Coordinator.
Educational and Other Requirements
· High School degree or equivalent required. Experience in a childcare or other after school care setting preferred.
· Successful completion of pre-employment background screening, drug testing and safety training required.