Early Childhood Teacher Assistants/Child Care Teacher
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Holy Cross Preschool Program is currently looking to hire Part-TIme and Full-Time Early Childhood Teacher Assistants. We are looking for a few more motivated and caring individuals to join our teaching team. We serve children infant - 3rd grade in our Early Childhood setting. We take pride in the highly qualified teachers who make up our program and it is our priority and mission to provide a quality educational and Christian-based program teaching life lessons and school readiness skills to the children we serve. If you are interested in joining our program and would love to share your gifts and talent to carry out our mission, we would like to talk with you!
Holy Cross Lutheran Preschool believes each child is a precious gift from God molded into the unique individual that he/she is. We offer children an equal opportunity to develop life-long skills through the Word of God, developmentally appropriate activities and the classroom environment. Children are actively involved in their learning process through structured play, interaction with others, various teaching approaches and the opportunity to make individual choices. Together with families, we provide a strong foundation for each preschooler’s future through faith and education.
- Part-Time and Full-Time Positions
- Hiring Teacher Assistants working with various age groups
- Option for summer months off (June, July, August)
- HCP follow very similar calendar as Sioux Falls School District in regards to holiday/closed days
- Business Hours - Monday - Friday 7am - 5:30pm
- PTO available for positions 30 hours and above
- Paid Holidays
- Child care benefit available if applicable
Responsibilities of Teacher Assistant
- The early childhood teacher assistant will provide quality care to the children in a warm Christian environment.
- The teacher assistants will assist in implementing curriculum and environment plans developed by the preschool director and lead teachers.
- All teachers will interact with children in a positive, supportive manner, encouraging cooperative play.
- All teachers will warmly greet parents and children daily, console children when insecure or injured, guide and redirect inappropriate behaviors, and support children in learning and development through investigation, exploration, experimentation, open-ended questions, and faith.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Desired traits for our early childhood teacher assistant position include qualities of maturity, reliability, respect, stability, cooperation, warmth, and energy.
- The ability to set and maintain reasonable limits and show dedication towards the importance of Early Childhood Education.
- Must have a basic understanding of child growth and development and be able to work with various developmental needs of children.
- High school graduate.
- Knowledge of Child Growth and Development
- Early Childhood Experience
- Applicants will need to meet state requirements that apply for child care centers
- Applicants will need to complete background checks required by state licensing
Holy Cross Lutheran Preschool and Extended-Care
AddressSioux Falls, SD
EducationView all jobs at Holy Cross Lutheran Preschool and Extended-Care