System Design Engineer (SMR)
Holtec International Camden, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
Holtec International and its subsidiary companies are designing an unfailingly safe and secure source of clean energy using nuclear fission, called the SMR-160 small modular reactor. The position is offered by SMR LLC as a member of the Holtec International family, a global turnkey supplier of equipment and systems for nuclear, solar, geothermal, and fossil power generation sectors of the energy industry.
Come join a growing multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers designing the next generation nuclear power plant. Holtec International is seeking applicants for the role of System Design Engineer. The Engineer is responsible for design of plant systems and processes, including specification of major components and systems analysis. This role requires frequent interfacing with other engineering disciplines and licensing groups as well as capable management of system integration activities. The system design specifications will support engineering and licensing requirements, leading to the licensing and construction of the first SMR-160 plant. The Engineer must be eager to learn new skills to create feasible/practical solutions to challenging design problems. The Engineer will be part of a team executing a U.S. Government cost-shared development program requiring efficient completion of engineering assignments.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop engineering and licensing requirements for nuclear systems, structures, and components.
- Develop process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), system descriptions, specifications, thermal and pressure loss calculations, and control logic.
- Develop design specifications for individual system components such as heat exchangers, pumps, valves, etc.
- Develop equipment specifications and interact with vendors to obtain vendor input/design confirmation of various components.
- Review component drawings and system P&IDs to ensure compliance to the drawing standards and system/component requirements
- Applicant should be prepared to play an active role in a project driven and highly integrated engineering team
- BS in Engineering from an ABET-accredited program is required.
- Strong academic background in fluid mechanics and/or thermal engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Effective communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and capable of producing error-free documents.
- Effective communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong math, analytical, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Eligible to work under 10 CFR Part 810.
Optional Additional Qualifications:
- Master's degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering, or closely related field.
- Industry experience in design / fabrication of products such as heat exchangers, piping valves and pumps, and ASME components.
- Experience working with engineers and fabricators to develop designs and drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of ASME Y14.5 standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of US domestic or international licensing standards.
- Experience with using SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and SmartPlant software suites.
- Experience in commercial nuclear or naval nuclear design.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Holtec International