Simulator Design Engineer (SMR)
Holtec International Camden, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Holtec International and its subsidiary companies are designing an unfailingly safe and secure source of clean energy using nuclear fission, called the SMR-160 small modular reactor. The position is offered by SMR LLC as a member of the Holtec International family, a global turnkey supplier of equipment and systems for nuclear, solar, geothermal, and fossil power generation sectors of the energy industry.
Come join a growing multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers designing the next generation nuclear power plant. Holtec International is seeking applicants for the role of Simulator Design Engineer. The Simulator Design Engineer is responsible for the development and maintenance of software utilized in the SMR-160 simulator. The Engineer applies his or her knowledge and experience, industry best practices, regulatory guidance, codes and standards, and engineering judgment to support the development of controls strategies and simulator assisted design activities. The Engineer will be part of a team executing a U.S. Government cost-shared development program requiring efficient completion of engineering assignments.
Specific Area of Responsibility:
As part of a highly-integrated engineering team, perform the following engineering activities:
- Perform programming to develop and improve the SMR-160 power plant simulator models.
- Maintains configuration control of the power plant simulator models.
- Support simulation-assisted design scope through model and control logic variations.
- Support development of system and integrated plant control logic, including control algorithm development for thermal-hydraulic process systems through interfaces with other engineers.
- Supports interfacing the power plant simulator with the plant control platform provider.
- Support development of SMR-160 human-system interface concepts with the plant digital control system supplier and other project stakeholders.
- B.S. in Engineering from an ABET-accredited program is required.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated, applicable experience in fossil or nuclear fields.
- Experience with instrumentation and control of integrated systems.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment, ability to act independently, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Ability to plan and organize work tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong inter-personal skills; effective in a team environment.
- Strong basic computer skills.
- Eligible to work in accord with Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
- Experience using the Western Services Corporation 3KeyMaster simulation tool suite.
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering, or closely related field.
- Prior experience with DCSs, PLCs, HMIs and their requirements in a nuclear setting.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated, applicable experience in design and maintenance of I&C and electrical systems for the nuclear industry.
- Experience with the control of I&C, process, and nuclear systems for light water nuclear reactors.
- Experience with integrated process control strategies.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Holtec International