- Posted: over a month ago
Holtec International is currently seeking three individuals to join the nuclear analysis group in its South Jersey office. This position requires a highly-motivated individual with the flexibility and willingness to work on a wide array of technical and regulatory topics. The nuclear analysis group supports design, licensing, sales and manufacturing of Holtec’s products.
Typical Responsibilities would include:
- Criticality and shielding analyses of spent fuel storage pools and dry cask storage systems for domestic and international clients
- Design, modeling, and analyses of the nuclear core and evaluation of the fuel cycle performance for the SMR-160 passive, natural circulation, integral light water reactor
- Report preparation and report reviews
- Computer code validation and verifications
- Participation in meetings with clients and with the United State Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Applicants should meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this position:
- MS in Nuclear Engineering or physics (or closely related field) from an accredited college of university
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency required in Microsoft Office suite of PC applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- General knowledge of nuclear power plant operations/physics
- Demonstrated neutronics or radiation transport analytical skills with CASMO/SIMULATE, MCNP, or other similar analysis code packages
The following attributes are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position:
- PhD in nuclear engineering with emphasis on reactor physics or radiation transport analysis
- 2+ years of experience in the nuclear industry, especially performing engineering calculations/evaluations
- Experience with computer codes such as MCNP, SIMULATE, KENO, SCALE and/or CASMO
- Experience with computer languages such as Python or Awk
- Experience preparing licensing documents for submittal to NRC
- Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810
- Comprehensive knowledge of NUREG-0800 (NRC Standard Review Plan for LWRs) Chapter 4 and 15 requirements
Holtec International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?