Holtec International Camden, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Holtec International, a global turnkey supplier of equipment and systems for the Nuclear, Solar, Geothermal and Fossil Power Generation sectors of the energy industry, is seeking to add a Mechanical, Nuclear or Electrical Engineer to their Site Technical Services engineering team.
The Site Technical Services Operations Engineer will have the primary responsibilities to:
- Coordinate and perform engineering assignments to fulfill project requirements and achieve target dates.
- Develop and maintain technical fluency in the fundamentals of Holtec’s Dry Storage equipment as it pertains to implementation in the field.
- Perform conceptual design drawings reviews for equipment using input from various technical disciplines.
- Perform fabrication drawing reviews for functionality and operability requirements with the purpose of identifying and proposing design improvements. Determine impacts of proposed changes, revising and preparing equipment Operations and Maintenance Manuals and operations procedures accordingly.
- Write, revise, and review administrative and maintenance procedures in the areas of Dry Cask Storage Loading, Dry Cask Storage Facility Construction, Holtec Training Center Operations and our Field Safety Program along with modifying existing procedures at Clients’ Plants for incorporation of new requirements pursuant to their respective Design Change Processes and 10 CFR50.59
- Gather design basis information from Clients through interviews, field walk downs, and review of the design bases, licensing bases, and operating experience
- Determine effective implementation methods and strategies for field operations, including loading campaigns, based on benefits, risks, and cost
- Maintain files and records of the research and final documentation, including any technical basis and calculations that support procedure writing efforts
- Screen design and procedure change requests for suitability and clarity and provide feedback as necessary, sponsoring other discipline procedure changes if technically knowledgeable of the changes
- Facilitate procedure changes and provide technical assistance to plant personnel in the use and interpretation of procedures and general knowledge of equipment. Provide on site loading campaign technical support and oversight as needed.
- Perform independent technical reviews of procedures
- Participate in project schedule development to coordinate and integrate procedure support with activities of other site organizations
- Develop and maintain ancillary database providing configuration control over as built conditions.
All candidates MUST possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, Electrical or related Engineering discipline.
- Excellent attention to detail and capable of producing error-free documents
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of engineering design practices and principles
- Experience working with engineers and fabricators to develop designs and Ability to handle multiple tasks and complete work in a timely fashion with minimal supervision
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Holtec International