I&C Engineer (SMR)
Holtec International Camden, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Holtec International, a global turnkey supplier of equipment and systems for the nuclear, solar, geothermal and fossil power generation sectors of the energy industry, is seeking to add an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to their SMR-160 nuclear reactor engineering team.
The Engineer is responsible for the design and analysis of safety and non-safety related I&C systems for the SMR-160 Small Modular Reactor (SMR) under the direction of a senior engineer and regularly interfacing with the mechanical, nuclear, and electrical engineering teams for I&C design and consultation. This Engineer applies his or her knowledge and experience, industry best practices, regulatory guidance, codes and standards, and good engineering judgment to ensure the design is compliant with International regulatory criteria and industry best practices.
Specific Area of Responsibility:
Perform full spectrum of I&C design engineering activities. Applies senior level engineering principles, techniques and practices in the preparation and/or review of system design work products such as:
- Logic diagrams
- One-line/three-line diagrams
- Schematics and wiring diagrams
- Instrumentation and I/O lists
- System function and design requirement specifications
- System design documents
- Sizing and specifying I&C (transmitters, operators, control valves, switches, etc.) equipment
- I&C calculations: setpoint, loop calibration, and instrument calibration tolerances
- Engineering reports
- Hazard analyses
- Inspections, Tests, and Analysis Acceptance Criteria
- Instrument Vendor selection and vetting process
- Interprets scope and project requirements and develops design alternatives.
- Plans, organizes, and performs complex assignments in a team environment under the direction of a Senior I&C Engineer.
- Independently verify and validate engineering calculations.
- Develop and maintain SMR standards and Conduct of Engineering methods.
- Perform and support systems engineering and integration activities.
- Plan, organize, and perform complex assignments in a team environment.
- Support and manage procurement of services and equipment.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to internal and external organizations.
- Prepare internal work authorizations (scope, resource estimate and schedule).
- Interface with, and receive input from lead subcontractors and colleagues, including subject matter experts.
- BS in I&C or Electrical Engineering or a closely related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- 0-5 years of demonstrated, applicable experience in fossil and nuclear fields, with demonstrated ability to solve complex engineering problems.
- Practical or Academic experience with I&C analysis and design software, including CAD tools.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment, ability to act independently, flexibility, adaptability and leadership skills.
- Ability to plan and organize work tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong inter-personal skills; effective in a team environment.
- Strong basic computer skills.
- Eligible to work in accord with Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
- MS in I&C or Electrical Engineering or a closely related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Experience with DCSs, PLCs, HMIs and their requirements in a nuclear setting
- >5 years of demonstrated, applicable experience in design and maintenance of I&C and electrical systems for the nuclear industry.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer.
- Experience with NUREG 0800, Chapters 7, 8 and 18.
- Experience with applicable (including nuclear-specific) IEEE, IEC, EPRI, ISA, ANSI, and IAEA codes and standards.
- Experience with radiation monitoring, nuclear instrumentation, Reactor Protection and Process Control, CRDMs, Turbine Control and Protection Systems.
- Experience with integrated process control strategies.
- Experience with Cyber Security/CDAs.
- Experience with Human Factors Engineering
- Experience with AutoCAD, MS Visio, Smart Plant P&ID and Smart Plant Instrumentation.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Holtec International